Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
The Room Where It Happened, by John Bolton
(Click for Amazon book review)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The Room Where It Happened, by John Bolton (number of quotes indicated):
- Donald Trump (8) Republican Presidential incumbent
- Joe Biden (1) Democratic V.P.
- John Bolton (8) National Security Advisor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
OnTheIssues will excerpt and review this book ASAP, but for now, we've got excerpts....
- Common Dreams, "Excerpts of John Bolton Book Showing Unhinged Behavior", by Eoin Higgins, June 17, 2020
- USA Today, "Bolton book accuses Trump of seeking foreign help for political gain," by Ledyard King, 6/17/2020
- The Guardian, "Bolton's bombshell Trump book: eight of its most stunning claims", by Max Benwell, 17 Jun 2020
- Axios.com, "Highlights from the excerpts of John Bolton's book," by Orion Rummler, 6/17/2020
- CNN.com, "What we learned from John Bolton's eye-popping tale of working with Trump," by Nicole Gaouette, June 18, 2020
- Transcript excerpts: John Bolton interview with ABC News' Martha Raddatz, June 21, 2020
BOOK REVIEW by OnTheIssues.org:
-- Jesse Gordon, jesse@OnTheIssues.org, June 2020
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Donald Trump: No crackdown on China for repressing Falun Gong or Catholics.
John Bolton: Trump put human rights violations second to China trade.
Donald Trump: No US statement criticizing Russian invasion of Georgia.
John Bolton: Trump pushed for loosening sanctions against Russia.
Donald Trump: End investigations of Turkish state-owned banks.
Donald Trump: Uighur concentration camps are the right thing to do.
Donald Trump: Did Saudis kill journalist? World is a dangerous place.
Donald Trump: No involvement in Hong Kong protest or Tiananmen anniversary.
Donald Trump: China should buy more American farm products.
Joe Biden: Trump's flimsy trade deal sells out US interest to China.
John Bolton: Trump's China trade deal focused on re-election help.
John Bolton: Trump agrees that America has too many elections.
Principles & Values|
John Bolton: Trump offered personal favors to foreign dictators.
John Bolton: OpEd: Wrote book instead of testimony at impeachment hearing.
John Bolton: Trump sought help from China in upcoming re-election.
War & Peace|
Donald Trump: Canceled missile strike on Iran for drone shoot-down.
John Bolton: Supported missile strike on Iran for drone shoot-down.
The above quotations are from The Room Where It Happened, by John Bolton.
Books by and about 2020 Presidential hopefuls:
- The Room Where It happened, by John Bolton (2020)
- Reason To Believe, by Deval Patrick (2011)
- Bloomberg By Bloomberg, by Mike Bloomberg (2001)
- United, by Cory Booker (2016)
- The Truths We Hold, by Kamala Harris (2019)
- Smart on Crime, by Kamala Harris (2010)
- Guide to Political Revolution, by Bernie Sanders (2017)
- Where We Go From Here, by Bernie Sanders (2018)
- Promise Me, Dad, by Joe Biden (2017)
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Jeff Flake (2017)
- Two Paths, by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
- Every Other Monday, by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
- Courage is Contagious, by John Kasich (1998)
- Shortest Way Home, by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
- The Book of Joe, by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
- Becoming, by Michelle Obama (2018)
- Our Revolution by Bernie Sanders (2016)
- This Fight Is Our Fight by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
- A Fighting Chance by Elizabeth Warren (2014)
- The Two-Income Trap by Elizabeth Warren (2007)
- Higher Loyalty by James Comey (2018)
- The Making of Donald Trump by David Cay Johnston (2017)
- 2020 Presidential Hopefuls by OnTheIssues.org