Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of Utah political races in The Deseret News
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The Deseret News (number of quotes indicated):
- Dan Liljenquist (1) Republican Primary Challenger (2012) Utah
- Gary Herbert (1) Utah Republican Governor
- Jeff Burningham (2) Utah Republican candidate for governor
- Jenny Wilson (1) Democratic candidate for Utah U.S. Senator Utah
- Jonathan Johnson (1) Utah Republican 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
- Mike Lee (1) Republican Jr Senator Utah
- Orrin Hatch (4) Republican Sr Senator (retiring 2018) Utah
- Rocky Anderson (5) Utah Justice Party challenger for President
- Scott Howell (1) Democratic Challenger Utah
- Spencer Cox (4) Utah Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Vaughn Cook (2) Utah Democratic 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles in The Salt Lake Tribune:
- (On Jenny Wilson): Salt Lake Tribune on 2018 Utah Senate race, 8/3/2018
- (On Orrin Hatch & Jenny Wilson): Salt Lake Tribune on 2018 Utah Senate race, 12/21/2017
- (On Vaughn Cook): Salt Lake Tribune on 2016 Utah Gubernatorial race, 3/1/2016
- (On Jonathan Johnson): Salt Lake Tribune on 2016 Utah gubernatorial race, 11/2/2015
- (On Jonathan Swinton): Salt Lake Tribune on 2016 Utah Senate race, 8/17 & 9/26/2015
- (On Gary Herbert): Salt Lake Tribune on 2016 Utah gubernatorial race, 6/19/2015
- (On Jonathan Johnson): Salt Lake Tribune OpEd by 2016 Utah gubernatorial candidate, 2/1/2015
- (On ACLU): Salt Lake Tribune, "Marriage & Utah laws", 12/20/2013
- HB76: "Herbert vetoes controversial gun carry bill," by Mary Mellor, Mar 22, 2013
- (On Jenny Wilson): David Montero in Salt Lake Tribune on 2018 Utah Senate race, 11/28/2012
- (On Orrin Hatch & Scott Howell): Salt Lake Tribune on 2012 Utah Senate debate, 10/17/2012
- (On Mia Love): Robert Gehrke in Salt Lake Tribune (Utah), "Million/billion", 9/6/2012
- (On Dan Liljenquist): Salt Lake Tribune on 2012 Utah Senate debates, 6/16/2012
- (On Pete Ashdown & Orrin Hatch): Salt Lake Tribune on 2012 Utah Senate debate, 4/11-4/13/2012
- (On Elena Kagan): Mark Sherman, Associated Press in Salt Lake Tribune, 11/26/2011
- SB 110: Deseret News, "In SD, abortion counseling meant to discourage," by Associated Press, Jun 26, 2011
- (On Jon Huntsman): Robert Gehrke in The Salt Lake Tribune, 5/11/2011
- On HB477: "Utah lawmakers repeal controversial open records law," by Dennis Romboy and Marjorie Cortez, Mar 25, 2011
- On HB116: "Utah Legislature passes package of immigration bills," by Dennis Romboy, Mar 5, 2011
- (On Mike Lee & Sam Granato): Salt Lake Tribune coverage of 2010 Utah Senate debate, 9/17/2010
- (On Mike Lee & Sam Granato): Thomas Burr in Salt Lake Tribune, 8/24/2010
- (On Jon Huntsman): The Salt Lake Tribune, "Huntsman appears in climate ad", 11/16/2007
- (On Rocky Anderson): Salt Lake Tribune, "Rocky Anderson's Speech", 7/28/2006
- (On Rocky Anderson): The Salt Lake Tribune, pp. C-3, "Same-sex benefits", 11/2/2005
- (On Tom Daschle): The Salt Lake Tribune, p. A-1, 5/28/2001
- (On Harry Reid): The Salt Lake Tribune, p. A-6, 5/28/2001
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Vaughn Cook: Limit abortions to rape, incest, and health.
Jenny Wilson: Abortion rights are best left in the hands of the courts.
Rocky Anderson: Leave abortion decision to those most intimately involved.
Budget & Economy|
Orrin Hatch: My 36 years in Senate could make me Finance Committee chair.
Orrin Hatch: My balanced budget bill failed by only one vote.
Orrin Hatch: OpEd: Federal debt increased rapidly on his watch.
Spencer Cox: Understanding & respect for differing sexual orientations.
Mike Lee: I do not support gay marriage; nor gays in military.
Vaughn Cook: Dems respect that most Utahns prefer traditional marriage.
Jeff Burningham: His VC firm funds start-up businesses with great ideas.
Spencer Cox: Supports new recycled-cardboard paper mill.
Rocky Anderson: Six-point plan to help curb gun violence.
Jonathan Johnson: ObamaCare & Medicaid expansion: ever-increasing government.
Rocky Anderson: Lack of affordable healthcare has decimated the middle class.
Rocky Anderson: Fundamental patriotism to impeach Bush and Cheney.
Rocky Anderson: Vibrant workers are welcome; roundups are hypocrisy.
Principles & Values|
Orrin Hatch: 2012 will be my last election, after 6 terms.
Scott Howell: Reach out the hand of fellowship in compromise to GOP.
Dan Liljenquist: GOP primary should include 8 debates, not just two.
Jeff Burningham: Focus on taxpayer impact, not government revenue.
Gary Herbert: We don't give ICE facial recognition data on immigrants.
Spencer Cox: Not OK to give ICE facial recognition data on immigrants.
Welfare & Poverty|
Spencer Cox: Make sure rural Utah is not forgotten.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of Utah political races in The Deseret News.