Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Legislative voting records for Mississippi House and Senate
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from MS legislative records (number of quotes indicated):
- Chris McDaniel (7) Republican challenger Mississippi
- David Baria (4) Democratic candidate for Mississippi U. S. Senator Mississippi
- Jim Hood (1) Mississippi Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Phil Bryant (7) Mississippi Republican Governor
- Robert Foster (3) Mississippi Republican challenger for Governor
- Tate Reeves (3) Mississippi Republican candidate for governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Mississippi state legislative voting records, including these candidates:
- MS-R Robert Foster - Gubernatorial challenger 2019
Member of the Mississippi House of Representatives, 28th district, 2016-2020
- MS-D Jim Hood - Gubernatorial challenger 2019
Attorney General of Mississippi, 2004-2020
- MS-R Chris McDaniel - Senate challenger 2014
Member of the Mississippi Senate from the 42nd district since 2008
- MS-R Cindy Hyde-Smith - Senate appointee & candidate 2018
Mississippi Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce (2012-2018)
Republican Member of the Mississippi Senate (2010-2012)
Democratic Member of the Mississippi Senate (2000-2010)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Chris McDaniel: Voted for "heartbeat bill": abortion ban after 15 weeks.
Jim Hood: Defends "heartbeat bill": abortion ban after 15 weeks.
Phil Bryant: Signed "heartbeat bill": abortion ban after 15 weeks.
Robert Foster: Voted for "heartbeat bill": abortion ban after 15 weeks.
Phil Bryant: No abortion after 15 weeks of gestation, with no exceptions.
Robert Foster: No abortion after 15 weeks of gestation, with no exceptions.
Chris McDaniel: Repeatedly authored legislation to protect the unborn.
Phil Bryant: Make Mississippi safest place in America for an unborn child.
Tate Reeves: Ban abortion after 15 weeks of pregnancy.
Chris McDaniel: Require doctor's prescription to get an abortion.
Phil Bryant: 2016: Let businesses refuse to serve LGBT people.
Robert Foster: Let businesses refuse to serve LGBT people.
David Baria: Businesses shouldn't deny services to same-sex couples.
Phil Bryant: Backs bill for marriage between one man and one woman.
Tate Reeves: Backs bill for marriage between one man and one woman.
Chris McDaniel: Increase number of charter schools statewide.
Phil Bryant: Divest state contracts from any investments in Iran.
Chris McDaniel: Divest state contracts from any investments in Iran.
Chris McDaniel: Voter ID yes; rehabilitated felons voting no.
David Baria: More campaign finance disclosure from lobbyists & candidates.
David Baria: Nonpartisan redistricting commission to avoid gerrymandering.
Chris McDaniel: Require photo ID to vote.
Phil Bryant: Protect schools from violence with active shooter drills.
David Baria: Raise minimum wage for state businesses to $9/hr.
Welfare & Poverty|
Tate Reeves: Overhaul welfare program; eliminate fraud & abuse.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Chris McDaniel Republican challenger Mississippi
- David Baria Democratic candidate for Mississippi U. S. Senator Mississippi
- Jim Hood Mississippi Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Phil Bryant Mississippi Republican Governor
- Robert Foster Mississippi Republican challenger for Governor
- Tate Reeves Mississippi Republican candidate for governor
The above quotations are from Legislative voting records for Mississippi House and Senate.
Legislation citations (from news media or state archives):
- Clarion-Ledger on Mississippi HB 732, on heartbeat bill, (Chris McDaniel & Robert Foster), 5/20/2019
- State of the State on Mississippi HB1283, on active shooter drills, (Phil Bryant), 1/31/2019
- Jackson Free Press on Mississippi HB1523, on refusing to serve LGBT people, (Phil Bryant & Robert Foster), 12/10/2018
- Jackson Free Press on Mississippi HB1510, on 15 weeks of gestation, (Phil Bryant & Robert Foster), 12/10/2018
- Clarion Ledger on Mississippi HB 1510, on unborn child, (Phil Bryant & Tate Reeves), 3/6/2018
- MSPolicy.org on Mississippi HB 1090, on welfare fraud & abuse, (Tate Reeves), 3/30/2017
- Mississippi Today on Mississippi HB 1523, on marriage between one man and one woman, (Phil Bryant & Tate Reeves), 6/30/2016
- Mississippi HB 1127, on investments in Iran, (Chris McDaniel & Phil Bryant), 4/23/2015
- On SB3214: Center for Reproductive Rights, "A First Look Back at the 2010 State Legislative Session," August 31, 2010
- On SB2688, in Jackson Free Press, "Grading the Lawmakers," by Adam Lynch, April 21, 2010
- On SB2862, NRA-ILA, "Mississippi: Carry Reform, Park Carry Bill Headed to Governor!", March 26, 2010