Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Tennessee Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 TN Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Bill Lee (4) Tennessee Republican candidate for governor of Tennessee
- Carnita Atwater (7) Tennessee Democratic challenger for Governor
- JB Smiley (13) Tennessee Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Tennessee Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Citizen Tribune, "Gubernatorial candidate Smiley Jr. stumps in Morristown," by Chase Hall, Nov 24, 2021
- FOX13Memphis, "Praying for peace: Memphis pastors turn to faith to combat youth gun violence," by Jacque Masse, November 23, 2021
- The Tennessee Tribune, "Memphis Councilman Smiley Seeks Governor Seat," by Ashley Benkarski, October 28, 2021
- Tri-State Defender, "Confident, committed JB Smiley Jr. shakes off naysayers in governor's bid," by Erica R. Williams, 10/14/2021
- WSMV, "Gov. Bill Lee signs proclamation declaring Monday 'Day of Prayer & Fasting'," by Joseph Wenzel, Oct 11, 2021
- MLK50 blog, "Why didn't a proposal to raise the bar for tax breaks receive support at City Council?," by Jacob Steimer, October 7, 2021
- WZTV, "Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee extending school mask opt-out order, despite judge blockings," by Kaylin Jorge, September 30, 2021
- WREG, "TN governor says open carry law, Kroger shooting are 'separate issues'," by Sebastian Posey, Sep 24, 2021
- : "'Critical race theory' roils a Tennessee school district," by Gabriella Borter, September 21, 2021
- Columbia Daily Herald, "Prospective gubernatorial candidate Carnita Atwater aims to transform Tennessee," by Mike Christen, 9/14/21
- Tennessee Journal: On the Hill, "Memphis Councilman Smiley announces Democratic bid for governor," by Erik Schelzig, September 8, 2021
- Nashville Scene, "Democrats Look Uphill at the 2022 Governor's Race," by Stephen Elliott, Aug 12, 2021
- (More race coverage soon in the coming months...)
- MLK50, "Proposal for higher tax rate, ‘moral' budget fails with only one vote in its favor," by Carrington J. Tatum and Jacob Steimer, June 15, 2021
- FOX13 Memphis, "Memphis city council members oppose bill banning critical race theory in public schools," May 19, 2021
- ABC24 News, "Memphis City Council approves resolution opposing Byhalia Pipeline," March 17, 2021
- Memphis Commercial Appeal, "Memphis, Light, Gas and Water will start sending out voter registration cards when customers sign up," by Samuel Hardiman, 2/5/21
- Memphis Commercial Appeal, "Some on the Memphis City Council aren't pleased about more federal law enforcement coming to Memphis," by Samuel Hardiman, 8/14/20
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
JB Smiley: Women have right to choose what's best for their own bodies.
JB Smiley: Raise the bar for marginalized communities, not only Blacks.
Carnita Atwater: Time for African-American female governor: embrace diversity.
JB Smiley: Fought for transparency in the Memphis Police Department.
Carnita Atwater: Reform prison system; I believe in a second chance.
Carnita Atwater: Reduce crime by investing in robust community policing.
JB Smiley: Opposed added federal law enforcement presence in Memphis.
Carnita Atwater: Tennessee should join others states in legalizing marijuana.
Carnita Atwater: State-of-the-art vocational training in every high school.
JB Smiley: Opposed defunding schools teaching critical race theory.
Energy & Oil|
JB Smiley: Opposed pipeline threatening local aquifer, neighborhoods.
JB Smiley: Initiated sending voter registration with utility bills.
JB Smiley: One priority is to overturn permitless carry legislation.
Bill Lee: Mass shooting, concealed carry law "separate issues".
JB Smiley: High standards for gun ownership critical to public safety.
JB Smiley: Pro-vaccination/pro-mask mandate, shouldn't be political.
Bill Lee: Defies judges; lets parents opt out of mask mandates.
Carnita Atwater: Ensure access to health care no matter where people live.
Carnita Atwater: Should Democrats focus on COVID response in uphill race?
JB Smiley: On choice of jobs or higher wages, I'm going to choose jobs.
Principles & Values|
JB Smiley: Organized community prayer service over youth gun violence.
Bill Lee: Proclaimed statewide Day of Prayer & Fasting.
Bill Lee: Called critical race theory is "un-American".
JB Smiley: Tax increases need will of the people to support it.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Bill Lee Tennessee Republican candidate for governor of Tennessee
- Carnita Atwater Tennessee Democratic challenger for Governor
- JB Smiley Tennessee Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
The above quotations are from 2022 Tennessee Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Next election in 2022; contenders:
TN 2022 Gubernatorial debate:
Incumbent Bill Lee(R)
vs.Senate nominee Marquita Bradshaw(? D)
Past gubernatorial races:
2018 Tennessee gubernatorial debate,
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2020 Senatorial debates: