Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Nebraska Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 NE Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Bob Krist (4) Nebraska Democratic Candidate for governor of Nebraska
- Brett Lindstrom (8) Nebraska Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Carol Blood (7) Nebraska Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Chuck Herbster (13) Nebraska Republican challenger for Governor
- Jim Pillen (18) Nebraska Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Peter Ricketts (2) Nebraska Republican Governor
- Theresa Thibodeau (9) Nebraska Republican candidate for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Nebraska Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Nebraska Examiner, "Pillen, as expected, taps former Gov. Pete Ricketts to succeed Sasse in Senate," by Aaron Sanderford, January 12, 2023, (Link)
- KPVI TV-6 (NBC), "Gubernatorial candidates offer Nebraskans a choice," by Jon Humphries, Oct 17, 2022, (Link)
- Nebraska Examiner, "GOP candidate Pillen won't debate Democrat Blood in governor's race," by Aaron Sanderford, August 17, 2022, (Link)
- Omaha World-Herald, "Ricketts says Nebraska schools should consider allowing 'religious accommodation'," by Erin Bamer, Jun 29, 2022, and Twitter posting by Gov. Jim Pillen, (Link)
- Lincoln Journal-Star, "Lincoln's transgender community predicted it'd be target of fairness ordinance opponents," by Margaret Reist, Feb 27, 2022
- Norfolk Daily News, "Omahan working to get to know as many Nebraskans as she can," by Jerry Guenther, Feb 10, 2022
- Grand Island Independent, "Immigration, labor, taxes are hot topics of Republican gubernatorial forum," by Robert Pore, Dec 6, 2021
2022_NE_Gov and Media_NE_Omaha
- Omaha World-Herald, "Four Nebraska GOP gubernatorial candidates appear at town hall," by Dan Crisler, Nov 13, 2021
- Kearney Hub, "Republican, Charles Herbster, buoyed by Trump's backing says he'll be great governor," by Mike Konz, Nov 2, 2021
- The Gateway (U. Nebraska-Omaha), "State Sen. Carol Blood Enters the Race for Governor of Nebraska," by Hannah Michelle Bussa, Sep 23, 2021
- Nebraska Democrats, "Campaign Announcement Speech, by Carol Blood, Sept. 13, 2021
- Lincoln Journal Star:"Republican gubernatorial candidate endorses new state consumption tax," by Don Walton, May 4, 2021
- Politico, "Bad blood: Pro-Trump megadonors duke it out in Cornhusker country," by Alex Isenstadt, 05/04/2021
- News Channel Nebraska, "Nebraska gubernatorial candidate highlights agricultural roots, Trump connection in campaign," by Elic Chisam, April 29, 2021
- Scottsbluff Star-Herald, "Gubernatorial candidate Charles Herbster visits area with Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway," by Justin Garcia, Apr 28, 2021
- Omaha World-Herald, "Charles Herbster, who may run for Nebraska governor, was at Trump rally before Capitol violence," by Aaron Sanderford, Jan 6, 2021
- Letter from Five Republican governors in Washington Post: "Our states stayed open in the covid-19 pandemic. Here's why our approach worked," by Governors Mark Gordon, Pete Ricketts, Asa Hutchinson, Kim Reynolds and Mike Parson, May 5, 2020
- CNN 2020 "State of the Union" interview of Gov. Mike DeWine, Pete Ricketts, and Nancy Pelosi, March 29, 2020
- The Lincoln Journal-Star, "Bob Krist employs grassroots campaign to try to unseat Ricketts," by JoAnne Young, Oct 27, 2018
- The Omaha World-Herald, "Governor candidate Bob Krist says state should spend more on Nebraska job training," by Roseann Moring, Jul 19, 2018
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Carol Blood: It's not appropriate to make our bodies political.
Jim Pillen: I am proudly pro-life, life begins at conception.
Theresa Thibodeau: As a child, prayed with my parents outside abortion clinics.
Budget & Economy|
Jim Pillen: Expand broadband access to every corner of our state.
Jim Pillen: There is no room for wasteful government spending.
Theresa Thibodeau: Trillions in social spending is lunatic's impossible dream.
Jim Pillen: Say "no" to excessive government spending.
Jim Pillen: Critical race theory is anti-American ideology.
Jim Pillen: Opposes protection for sexual orientation, gender identity.
Bob Krist: Repeal death penalty, might make exception for treason.
Brett Lindstrom: Don't coddle criminals who harm our most innocent.
Carol Blood: We need a prison system that helps reform individuals.
Chuck Herbster: Contributed to a pro-death penalty initiative.
Jim Pillen: Calls to defund the police are reckless and dangerous.
Theresa Thibodeau: Police have been turned into public enemies as crime spikes.
Brett Lindstrom: Encouraged college savings plan for employees.
Carol Blood: New approach to student debt should start at beginning.
Chuck Herbster: There's zero place for CRT in the schools of Nebraska.
Jim Pillen: Committed to K-12 education, I support options for parents.
Theresa Thibodeau: Time for administrators & teachers to know they work for us.
Theresa Thibodeau: Schools have indoctrinated and sexualized our children.
Carol Blood: Debt-free two-year degree from Nebraska community colleges.
Energy & Oil|
Carol Blood: It's time for timely action, not just words.
Families & Children|
Brett Lindstrom: Help families of fallen first responders in time of need.
Brett Lindstrom: Government should never operate as nanny towards business.
Brett Lindstrom: Make it easier to vote and harder to cheat.
Chuck Herbster: Supports Trump's claim of 2020 election irregularities.
Chuck Herbster: Conservatives have to push against federal overreach.
Chuck Herbster: America is broke, and the answer is term limits.
Jim Pillen: Stand up to radicals using fake meat to attack Nebraska.
Brett Lindstrom: Citizens have a right to own firearms and defend themselves.
Jim Pillen: Don't allow anyone to suspend our Second Amendment rights.
Chuck Herbster: The choice to be vaccinated is personal.
Peter Ricketts: Patients can be transferred if rural hospitals not prepared.
Peter Ricketts: Kept state "open for business" during pandemic.
Chuck Herbster: Got to build damn wall, those people are coming to Nebraska.
Chuck Herbster: We got to build a damn wall; can't let everybody come in.
Chuck Herbster: Undocumented immigrants primarily bad people.
Jim Pillen: We must demand order on the southern border.
Theresa Thibodeau: Illegal immigration bringing in crime, hurting public safety.
Bob Krist: Budget $25-35 million to prioritize job training.
Brett Lindstrom: Guest worker program to bring workers to the state.
Principles & Values|
Bob Krist: Changed parties, not important what letter was behind name.
Brett Lindstrom: America the most just, free and prosperous nation in history.
Carol Blood: Stop using political labels instead of friends and neighbors.
Carol Blood: I see myself as a Nebraskan running for office in Nebraska.
Chuck Herbster: Would never back away from support, loyalty for Trump.
Chuck Herbster: Attended Jan. 6 Trump rally; left before insurrection.
Chuck Herbster: God protects us because we protect Israel.
Jim Pillen: Involved in Ignite the Faith, Youth for Christ Mission.
Jim Pillen: America is the best country in the world.
Jim Pillen: I believe in American exceptionalism.
Theresa Thibodeau: Stand for American Way of Life and take our country back.
Theresa Thibodeau: Government there to serve citizens, not tell them what to do.
Jim Pillen: No reporter-led debates; they're political theater.
Jim Pillen: Appointed predecessor Gov. Pete Rickets to U.S.Senate.
Jim Pillen: We need to put God back into our schools.
Bob Krist: The farmland assessment process is broken.
Chuck Herbster: Constitutional amendment to replace state income tax.
Jim Pillen: Limit the growth in spending by local taxing entities.
Theresa Thibodeau: Special interests, bureaucrats have blocked tax reform.
The above quotations are from 2022 Nebraska Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- American Crisis, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2022 Senatorial debates: