Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Florida Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 FL Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Charlie Crist (3) Florida Democratic Governor Challenger
- Nikki Fried (24) Florida Democratic Challenger
- Rick Scott (2) Florida Republican Governor
- Ron DeSantis (10) Florida Republican candidate for governor
- Val Demings (1) Democratic Challenger Florida
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Florida Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Florida Politics, "Nikki Fried calls on Joe Ladapo to give Black farmers a break--then slams him," by Scott Powers, October 26, 2021
- Florida Politics, "Nikki Fried calls on Gov. DeSantis to 'stop the extremism' putting school board members' lives at risk," by Anne Geggis, October 26, 2021
- Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS.gov), "Statement by Commissioner Nikki Fried on New Motion for Groveland Four Innocence," Oct 25, 2021
- Treasure Coast News (TCPalm.com), "Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried brings Democratic gubernatorial campaign to Vero Beach," by Colleen Wixon, Oct. 12, 2021
- Tampa Bay Times, "Restore manatees' endangered status, says Nikki Fried," Oct. 6, 2021
- Miami Herald, "DeSantis can't restrain his white-supremacist instincts, but maybe Florida voters will," by Fabiola Santiago, October 01, 2021
- Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS.gov), "Statement by Commissioner Nikki Fried on U.S. Senate Hearing on Negative Effects of Social Media on Mental Health," Sep 30, 2021
- FOX News, "Hannity on Americans Held Hostage Day 46," September 29, 2021
- WTSP-10 CBS-TV, "Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried blasts state DEP over gypsum stacks," by Eric Glasser, September 28, 2021
- Florida Politics, "Ron DeSantis bobbles question about 'heartbeat' abortion bill," by A.G. Gancarski, September 22, 2021
- WCTV-Tallahassee, "Governor Ron DeSantis announces $3.4 million is going to military spending in the state of Florida," by Nicolette Zangara, Sep. 15, 2021
- News4Jax, "DeSantis defends $5,000 fines on businesses that ask for vaccine proof," by Travis Gibson, September 3, 2021
- Florida Daily, "Ron DeSantis, Enterprise Florida Look to Boost Trade With Canada, Mexico," 07.06.20
- WPTV Palm Beach NBC-5, "Could Florida's next governor be its first female? Nikki Fried thinks so," by Forrest Saunders, Jul 02, 2021
- Florida Politics, "Nikki Fried, Lori Berman slam Ashley Moody's failed Obamacare challenge," by A.G. Gancarski, June 17, 2021
- FLgov.com press release, "Governor Ron DeSantis Signs Legislation to Protect Religious Freedom and Support Florida's Jewish Community," June 14, 2021
- Associated Press, "Fla. governor signs bill requiring moment for school prayer," by Bobby Caina Calvan, June 14, 2021
- Tallahassee Democrat, "Florida governor's race: GOP goes after Nikki Fried after she amends financial disclosures," by Jim Rosica, 6/6/21
- Politico.com, "Florida's Nikki Fried jumps into 2022 race to challenge DeSantis," by Bruce Ritchie, 06/02/2021
- Fox News, "DeSantis blasts Democrat Nikki Fried after she joins Florida governor race: 'She's a lockdown lobbyist'," by Evie Fordham, June 2, 2021
- The Jewish Exponent, "Nikki Fried, Florida's Jewish Agricultural Commissioner, to Run for Governor," June 2, 2021
- NYTimes.com, "Florida's Democratic agricultural commissioner, Nikki Fried, announces her bid for governor.," by Patricia Mazzei, June 1, 2021
- CNN.com, "Nikki Fried, only statewide elected Democrat in Florida, enters race for governor," by Dan Merica, June 1, 2021
- CBS12, "Fried calls DeSantis a 'dictator' for signing voter suppression bill," by Gary Detman, May 6, 2021
- The Tampa Bay Times, "Charlie Crist declares another run for Florida governor: 'Stop the division and hate'," by Steve Contorno, 5/4/21
- CNN Politics, "Democratic Rep. Charlie Crist announces another bid for Florida governor," by Veronica Stracqualursi, May 4, 2021
- Bay News 9 Spectrum, "Charlie Crist makes it official: He's running for the Democratic nomination for governor," by Mitch Perry, May 04, 2021
- The Tampa Bay Times: "What's next for Florida's Val Demings after a breakout 2020?," by Steve Contorno, Dec. 29, 2020
- Politico blog: "Republicans rage as Florida becomes a nightmare for Trump," by Gary Fineout and Marc Caputo, 04/03/2020
- (More race coverage soon in the coming months...)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Nikki Fried: Require half the legislature be female for new abortion laws.
Ron DeSantis: Anti-choice on abortion; pro-choice on vaccinations.
Budget & Economy|
Nikki Fried: We need to be bringing in new industries to our state.
Nikki Fried: Updated personnel policies to ban LGBTQ discrimination.
Nikki Fried: Banning transgender kids in sports is peddling hate.
Val Demings: To cops after George Floyd:"What in the hell are you doing?".
Nikki Fried: Supported posthumous clemency for Groveland Four.
Nikki Fried: State should license black farmers for medical marijuana.
Nikki Fried: As lobbyist, helped legalize smokable medical cannabis.
Charlie Crist: Supports legalizing recreational marijuana.
Ron DeSantis: Make sure people are not supporting critical race theory.
Ron DeSantis: Signed bills to protect religious freedom in Florida.
Energy & Oil|
Nikki Fried: Proposed a state-federal partnership on carbon farming.
Nikki Fried: Middle of the road policies got C-minus from Sierra Club.
Nikki Fried: Initiated a plan to phase out the use of Styrofoam products.
Nikki Fried: Asks that manatees again be listed as "endangered" species.
Nikki Fried: State needs to deal with potentially polluting gypsum stacks.
Nikki Fried: I am supporting the American-Israeli relationship.
Ron DeSantis: Expands program to engage new international markets.
Nikki Fried: Opposed Trump trade deal, foreign produce dumping.
Nikki Fried: Republicans engage in voter suppression.
Nikki Fried: Been transparent on finances including past filing mistakes.
Nikki Fried: Would reverse restrictions on voting rights.
Charlie Crist: Criticized restrictive elections bill & anti-riot bill.
Nikki Fried: Supports common-sense gun violence prevention reforms.
Nikki Fried: Holds medical marijuana card and concealed-weapons permit.
Ron DeSantis: Supports $5000 fines for businesses demanding vaccine proof.
Nikki Fried: Criticized Florida AG for joining anti-ACA lawsuit.
Ron DeSantis: $3.4 million in state spending to support military.
Ron DeSantis: End catch and release, finish the border wall.
Ron DeSantis: Pull over drivers suspected of transporting immigrants.
Nikki Fried: Fought against Florida ban on "sanctuary cities".
Rick Scott: Designed unemployment system with maximum $275/week benefit.
Ron DeSantis: Oversaw unemployment system with maximum $275/week benefit.
Principles & Values|
Nikki Fried: We've got to learn again how to respect one another.
Ron DeSantis: Compels schools to have moment of silence for prayer.
Nikki Fried: We can build a state that gives power back to you.
Charlie Crist: We need to stop the division and hate; bring state together.
Rick Scott: Saved business more than $2.3 billion in unemployment taxes.
Nikki Fried: Protect children from unsafe products, such as social media.
The above quotations are from 2022 Florida Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Next election in 2022;
Incumbent Ron DeSantis(R)
vs.Former Gov.Charlie Crist(D)
vs.Rep.Stephanie Murphy(? D)
vs.Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried(D)
Past gubernatorial races:
2018 Florida gubernatorial debate,
Gwen Graham (D)
Andrew Gillum (D)
Adam Putnam (R)
Mike Huckabee (R)
Former gubernatorial races:
2014 Florida gubernatorial debate
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2020 Senatorial debates: