Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Montana Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 MT Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Albert Olszewski (1) Montana Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Corey Stapleton (1) Montana Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Greg Gianforte (7) Montana Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Reilly Neill (2) Montana Democratic 2020 Gubernatorial Challenger
- Steve Bullock (7) Montana Democratic Montana Governor
- Tim Fox (17) Montana Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Montana 2020 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- The Missoulian,"Democrat Neill drops out of governor's race," by Holly K. Michels, Jan 21, 2020
- DemCast USA: "Meet the Candidate: Reilly Neill (Montana)," December 6, 2019
- Helena Independent Record, "GOP governor candidates Fox, Olszewski debate in Helena," by Holly K. Michels, Nov 26, 2019
- Billings Gazette, "Montana attorney general joins Keystone XL legal battle," by Tom Lutey, Oct 9, 2019
- Helena Independent-Record, "Williams becomes 4th Democrat in Montana governor's race," by Holly K. Michels, Oct 3, 2019
- Daily Inter Lake, "Fox Talks Governor's Race, Record As Attorney General," by Colin Gaiser, September 28, 2019
- Great Falls Tribune, "Montana joins brief to ban abortions after 20 weeks," by Phil Drake, Sept. 5, 2019
- Helena Independent Record, "Southern border crisis has a direct impact on Montana," by Tim Fox, July 15, 2019
- KXLF-4/Butte, "Trump greenhouse-emission rule may not have much impact in Montana," June 19, 2019
- Missoula Current, "Talen to close Colstrip Units 1 and 2 by end of the year," by MTN News, June 11, 2019
- Glendive Ranger Review, "A look at the 2019 bills vetoed by Gov. Bullock," by Eric Dietrich, May 30, 2019
- Cannabis Voter Project, "What's Up in Montana?", downloaded 5/24/2019
- Fox News, "Attorney general wants Chick-fil-A to open more locations within the state," by Michael Bartiromo, April 23, 2019
- Great Falls Tribune, "Social Security bill falls victim to governor's veto pen," by Phil Drake, April 19, 2019
- Bozeman Daily Chronicle, "Daines, Gianforte speak at Turning Point USA event," by Perrin Stein, Apr 19, 2019
- NBC-Montana, "Montana's AG urges Congress to replace Affordable Care Act," by Heidi Meili, April 3, 2019
- Helena Independent-Record, "Gianforte tells Montana to take a page from national playbook," by Holly K. Michels, Feb 4, 2019
- E&E News (Energy & Environment), "17 members who will help shape energy, green policies," by G.Cahlink, N.Sobczyk, & K.Lunney, 1/30/19
- ReadSludge.com, "Members of Committee Overseeing the Environment Have Millions Invested in Fossil Fuels," by Alex Kotch, Jan 30, 2019
- Ballotpedia Candidate Connection: Survey responses by Reilly Neill, 2019
- CNN, "Bullock says he 'would' support assault weapons ban," by Caroline Kenny, 8/19/2018
- The Missoulian, "Big Sky Pride marks 25th year with parade and rally," by Tom Kuglin, 6/16/2018
- Great Falls Tribune, "On guns, we're as paralyzed as I was the day my nephew was shot," by Steve Bullock, 5/30/2018
- Helena Independent Record, "Montana won't deploy National Guard based on Trump's 'whim'," Associated Press, 4/5/2018
- Politico.com, "Bullock and the lost art of political persuasion," by Gabriel Debenedetti, 10/11/2017
- The Missoulian, "Montana governor vetoes bills on abortion, concealed weapons," by Bobby Caina Calvan, 5/9/2017
- The Missoulian, "Bullock rejects bill banning Sharia law in court," by Bobby Caina Calvan, 4/6/2017
- The Guardian (UK), "Montana Democrats accuse Republicans of voter suppression ahead of special election," Feb. 24, 2017
- Religion News Service, "Montana lawmakers denounce plans for neo-Nazi rally," December 28, 2016
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Tim Fox: Ensure Montana is national leader protecting innocent life.
Tim Fox: Joins amicus brief supporting banning abortion at 20 weeks.
Steve Bullock: An abortion, even late-term, is a legal, personal decision.
Budget & Economy|
Tim Fox: Eliminate regulations that hamper industry.
Tim Fox: Welcomes Chick-fil-A to Montana, despite anti-LGBTQ views.
Steve Bullock: We celebrate progress, but fight for equal rights continues.
Tim Fox: No safe haven for neo-Nazi white nationalists.
Tim Fox: Make estate tax exemption permanent; protect family farms.
Tim Fox: Endorsed by National Association of Police Organizations.
Tim Fox: Substance abuse is number one crisis in state.
Tim Fox: Need more treatment options, like drug treatment courts.
Greg Gianforte: Oppose easing marijuana laws; some support for medical use.
Corey Stapleton: Making it easier to vote leads to marijuana legalization.
Energy & Oil|
Tim Fox: Defends Keystone XL pipeline as beneficial to Montana.
Reilly Neill: Find commonality to address man-made climate change.
Greg Gianforte: The "War on Coal" endangers jobs.
Greg Gianforte: Critical of regulations & studying social cost of carbon.
Greg Gianforte: Has more than $5 million invested in fossil fuel companies.
Reilly Neill: Apply science to best preserve our public lands.
Greg Gianforte: Favors repeal of regulations; end "war on coal".
Albert Olszewski: Governor should be #1 salesperson for agriculture abroad.
Tim Fox: Countries abused free trade; will work to resolve trade war.
Greg Gianforte: Rolling back regulations leads to prosperity.
Tim Fox: Fight any effort to undermine this fundamental right.
Steve Bullock: Background checks & age restrictions to reduce gun violence.
Steve Bullock: Believes in 2nd Amendment, but not guns in wrong hands.
Tim Fox: Repeal and replace ObamaCare.
Tim Fox: Need for increased border security non-negotiable.
Tim Fox: Migrant and security crises are linked.
Steve Bullock: Public DACA support, also tries private persuasion with GOP.
Steve Bullock: No Guard troops to border without asking state governor.
Tim Fox: Market-oriented policies can promote high-wage jobs.
Principles & Values|
Greg Gianforte: American exceptionalism & capitalism lead to prosperity.
Steve Bullock: Vetoed state tax exemption for Social Security income.
Tim Fox: Opposes applying out of state sales tax to Montana.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Albert Olszewski Montana Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Corey Stapleton Montana Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Greg Gianforte Montana Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Reilly Neill Montana Democratic 2020 Gubernatorial Challenger
- Steve Bullock Montana Democratic Montana Governor
- Tim Fox Montana Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
The above quotations are from 2020 Montana Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-21 Governors' book excerpts:
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2020 Senatorial debates: