Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Missouri Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 MO Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Asa Hutchinson (1) Arkansas Republican Governor
- Jim Neely (5) Missouri Republican candidate for governor
- Mike Parson (24) Missouri Republican governor of Missouri
- Nicole Galloway (22) Missouri Democratic candidate for governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Missouri 2020 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- CampausElect.org gubernatorial voter guide, Mike Parson vs. Nicole Galloway, November 2020
- Letter from Five Republican governors in Washington Post: "Our states stayed open in the covid-19 pandemic. Here's why our approach worked," by Governors Mark Gordon, Pete Ricketts, Asa Hutchinson, Kim Reynolds and Mike Parson, May 5, 2020
- Bolivar Herald-Free Press, "Parson signs supplemental budget, creates working group," by Ashlyn O'Hara, 4/17/20
- PEN America, "Missouri Governor Bans Reporters from Briefings," April 14, 2020
- The St. Louis American, "Parson urged to include MBE in COVID-19 business," by Chris King, Apr 14, 2020
- Kansas City Star, "Church is in your heart. Ban in-person services in Missouri, Gov. Parson," by Brian Kaylor, March 25, 2020
- Columbia Daily Tribune, "Missouri municipal elections delayed to June 2," by Rudi Keller, Mar 18, 2020
- Jefferson City News Tribune, "State auditor: Audit the office before legislative session's end," by Phillip Sitter, Mar. 12, 2020
- The Caldwell County News, "Representative Jim Neely's Capitol Report," 03/11/2020
- KY3-News, "KY3 investigation in probation and parole program," Feb 26, 2020
- St. Louis Magazine, "Can State Auditor Nicole Galloway become Missouri's next governor?", by Nicholas Phillips, February 8, 2020
- Patheos.com, "Missouri lawmaker: Statue of Roman goddess disses Christianity," by Rick Snedeker, February 3, 2020
- KY3-Springfield, "Nicole Galloway vows to grow Medicaid if elected Missouri governor," Jan 9, 2020
- KRCG-TV 13-CBS, "Galloway urges Parson to update state's parental leave policies," by Megan Smalttz, January 7, 2020
- Fox-2-Now St. Louis, "State Auditor Nicole Galloway explains why she's running for governor," by John Brown, Sep. 12, 2019
- Columbia Daily Tribune, "Missouri GOP Gov. Parson announces 2020 bid to keep his job," by Summer Ballentine, Sep 8, 2019
- Kansas City Star, "Missouri lawmaker will enter GOP gubernatorial primary against Parson," by Crystal Thomas, August 29, 2019
- Columbia Daily Tribune, "Bonus that Big Business gets--but you don't," by Nicole Galloway, Aug 24, 2019
- Kansas City Star, "Missouri gubernatorial candidates talk gun violence solutions," by Crystal Thomas, August 15, 2019
- Governor's press release, "Parson Embarks on First Trade Mission, Travels to Europe," June 14, 2019
- Columbia Daily Tribune, "Galloway for governor?", by Hank Waters, Jun 8, 2019
- Columbia Daily Tribune, "State auditor criticizes food stamp fraud investigations," by Blake Nelson, Jun 5, 2018
- CBS News, "Missouri governor says Planned Parenthood needs to comply with investigation to avoid shutdown," by Kate Smith, May 29, 2019
- NPR.org, "Missouri Governor Signs Ban on Abortion After 8 Weeks Of Pregnancy," by Bobby Allyn, May 24, 2019
- White House press release, "Support For President Donald J. Trump's Actions On Trade," May 21, 2019
- Kaiser Health News, "Why Missouri's The Last Holdout On A Statewide Rx Monitoring Program," by Lauren Weber, May 20, 2019
- Courier-Tribune, "Missouri House passes ban on abortions after 8 weeks of pregnancy," May 17, 2019
- St. Louis Public Radio, "Governor calls for drug-monitoring database to curb opioid abuse," by Sarah Fentem, Dec 5, 2018
- White House press release, "WTAS: Support for President Trump's Successful Trade Negotiations with Mexico and Canada," Oct. 2, 2018
- Columbia Daily Tribune, "Missouri House votes to legalize medical marijuana," by Blake Nelson, May 1, 2018
- Columbia Daily Tribune, "Missouri House pushes back against 'revenge porn'," Feb 20, 2018
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Nicole Galloway: Trusts women to make their own healthcare decisions.
Mike Parson: Ban abortion after the eighth week of pregnancy.
Nicole Galloway: Upset about Missouri's pro-life abortion position.
Mike Parson: Enforces law which shuts down only abortion clinic in state.
Mike Parson: Signs bill criminalizing abortion after eight weeks.
Jim Neely: Voted for abortion ban at 8 weeks, but had not read it.
Budget & Economy|
Nicole Galloway: As auditor uncovered $350 million in waste.
Nicole Galloway: All marriages deserve to be respected.
Mike Parson: Governor bans reporters from briefings, questions by email.
Mike Parson: Overlooking minority, women businesses during health crisis.
Mike Parson: OpEd:Exempting church from coronavirus rules could be deadly.
Mike Parson: Moves primary due to virus, won't extend voter registration.
Mike Parson: Allowed Roman goddess statue to return to Capitol dome.
Nicole Galloway: End Missouri's Big Business Bonus: no bonus for early taxes.
Mike Parson: Time to stand up and support law enforcement.
Nicole Galloway: Ban choke holds and no-knock warrants.
Nicole Galloway: Need answers on probation, parole reward program.
Mike Parson: Against marijuana legalization, OK with medical use.
Nicole Galloway: Supports legalization, expunging criminal records.
Jim Neely: Opposes raising age for vaping from 18 to 21.
Jim Neely: Supports medical marijuana.
Mike Parson: Supports prescription database as tool to fight opioid abuse.
Mike Parson: Cut education budget after COVID revenue shortfalls.
Mike Parson: Declared "Missouri School Choice Week".
Nicole Galloway: Pay teachers what they deserve; expand pre-K.
Nicole Galloway: Strengthen the state's commitment to public schools.
Families & Children|
Nicole Galloway: Urges executive order for 12 weeks paid parental leave.
Mike Parson: Missouri shouldn't rely on other countries & other states.
Mike Parson: Credits Trump for ending Japan restrictions on US beef.
Mike Parson: Supports USMCA trade agreement to replace NAFTA.
Mike Parson: Opposed subjecting lawmakers to open-records law.
Mike Parson: Voted for photo ID and proof of citizenship to vote.
Nicole Galloway: Notary requirement for mail ballot is voter suppression.
Nicole Galloway: Agrees her office should undergo independent audit.
Nicole Galloway: Government should be totally transparent.
Nicole Galloway: Supports background checks, close loopholes on sales.
Mike Parson: Doesn't have a problem with background checks.
Nicole Galloway: Favors background checks & red flag laws.
Nicole Galloway: Current governor problem in enacting gun laws.
Mike Parson: Against Medicaid expansion as massive tax increase.
Asa Hutchinson: Kept state "open for business" during pandemic.
Jim Neely: Missouri not paying overdue Medicaid payments.
Jim Neely: Championed "Right to Try" experimental treatments law.
Nicole Galloway: Would expand Medicaid eligibility.
Mike Parson: Backed Rx monitoring; couldn't overcome opposition.
Nicole Galloway: For Supreme Court decision protecting DACA.
Mike Parson: Backs right to work laws.
Mike Parson: Does not support raising minimum wage "at this time".
Nicole Galloway: Every worker deserves a living wage.
Mike Parson: Cut taxes in 2018 on top of significant 2014 tax cuts.
Nicole Galloway: Years of tax cuts lead to big cuts in services.
Welfare & Poverty|
Nicole Galloway: Audit and investigate SNAP transactions that raise red flags.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Asa Hutchinson Arkansas Republican Governor
- Jim Neely Missouri Republican candidate for governor
- Mike Parson Missouri Republican governor of Missouri
- Nicole Galloway Missouri Democratic candidate for governor
The above quotations are from 2020 Missouri Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Gov. Parson up for re-election in 2020; contenders:
2020 Missouri Gubernatorial debate
Former gubernatorial races:
2016 Missouri Gubernatorial debates:
Attorney General Chris Koster(D)
vs.Former State House Speaker Catherine Hanaway(R)
vs.CEO John BrunnerR)
vs.Lieutenant Governor Peter Kinder(R)
2018-21 Governors' book excerpts:
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2020 Senatorial debates: