Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Minnesota Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 MN Senatorial race (number of quotes indicated):
- Jason Lewis (14) Republican Senate challenger Minnesota
- Steve Carlson (4) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Minnesota
- Tina Smith (4) Minnesota Democratic Minnesota Lieutenant Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Minnesota 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- The Hill e-zine, "Gun control group rolls out first round of Senate endorsements", by Julia Manchester, 06/09/20
- The Twin Cities Pioneer Press, "It's not xenophobic to guard against these viruses," by Jason Lewis, March 26, 2020
- KROC Rochester's News Talk, "Meet US Senate Candidate: Steve Carlson," 1/1/2020
- Law & Crime e-zine, "Republican Senate Candidate Claimed 'Jewish Lobby' Controls GOP," by Colin Kalmbacher, Sep 20, 2019
- Ballotpedia Candidate Connection 2020: Survey responses by Steve Carlson, September 2019
- Minneapolis Star-Tribune, "What you need to know about Jason Lewis," by Torey Van Oot and Judy Keen, 8/26/19
- The Advocate, "GOPer Who Likened Marriage Equality to Rape Seeks Senate Seat," by Trudy Ring, August 22, 2019
- ABC Newspapers, "Editorial: For U.S. Senate, our choice is Tina Smith," Oct 4, 2018
- Minnesota Public Radio, "Independence Party Senate candidate throws party into disarray," by Tom Scheck, 8/14/14
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Jason Lewis: Prohibiting worship during lockdown restricts freedom.
Jason Lewis: HRC: 0 score in Congress, compared LGBTQ people to rapists.
Jason Lewis: Public order is not a privilege, it is a right.
Jason Lewis: Without public order, the mob will control the neighborhood.
Tina Smith: Supports EPA agreement on St. Louis River contamination.
Jason Lewis: China is responsible for this pandemic.
Jason Lewis: 2013: GOP support of Israel shows "dual loyalties".
Jason Lewis: Punish China, bring our supply chains home.
Jason Lewis: America First: end outsourcing to China, Buy American.
Jason Lewis: Abolish FISA court which violates civil liberties.
Jason Lewis: Enhanced medically screening of all international travelers.
Steve Carlson: We must build up our defense industries.
Jason Lewis: Opposes open borders, abolishing ICE, sanctuary cities.
Steve Carlson: Defend our borders and our people.
Principles & Values|
Jason Lewis: Appoint Constitutional conservatives to the courts.
Steve Carlson: Models are Jesus Christ, Christmas, and the Holy Bible.
Steve Carlson: Member of Tea Party; but won Independence Party primary.
Tina Smith: Raise payroll cap; no to raising eligibility age.
War & Peace|
Tina Smith: No War with Iran without Congressional OK.
Tina Smith: Voted to remove US armed forces from Yemen.
Welfare & Poverty|
Jason Lewis: Supports end of "fair housing rule" promoting affordability.
Jason Lewis: People on government assistance are parasites & scoundrels.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Jason Lewis Republican Senate challenger Minnesota
- Steve Carlson Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Minnesota
- Tina Smith Minnesota Democratic Minnesota Lieutenant Governor
The above quotations are from 2020 Minnesota Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)