Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Massachusetts Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 MA Senatorial race (number of quotes indicated):
- Ed Markey (2) Democratic Challenger Massachusetts
- Joe Kennedy III (7) Democratic Senate challenger Massachusetts
- Shannon Liss-Riordan (4) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Massachusetts
- Shiva Ayyadurai (4) Republican for Massachusetts U.S. Senator (withdrew) Massachusetts
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Massachusetts 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- Springfield Republican, "Five takeaways from Senate primary climate forum with Markey & Liss-Riordan," Nov 11, 2019
- Springfield Republican, "Shannon Liss-Riordan challenges Sen. Ed Markey on Green New Deal," Nov 10, 2019
- Springfield Republican, "Markey, Kennedy, and Liss-Riordan may agree on People's Pledge," by Benjamin Kail, 11/7/19
- Springfield Republican, "Liss-Riordan: eliminate sub-minimum wage for tipped workers," by Shira Schoenberg, 6/18/19
- Springfield Republican, "Shannon Liss-Riordan touts fresh perspective," by Shira Schoenberg, May 22, 2019
- MetroWest Daily News, "For Shiva Ayyadurai, it's all about who's the real 'Trumper'," by Neal Simpson, Oct 22, 2018
- Church & State Magazine, AU.org, "Do No Harm Act Introduced In Senate," by Rokia Hassanein, July/August 2018
- Boston Globe, "Joe Kennedy III explains why he's not so hot about pot," by Nik DeCosta-Klipa, March 8, 2018
- Massachusetts Immigrant & Refugee Advocacy Coalition, "DREAMers urge Congress to fight for a fair DACA fix," 10/16/17
- Merion West, "Interviews: Shiva Ayyadurai," by Erich J. Prince, 07/24/2017
- Boston Globe, "Kennedy describes how the Affordable Care Act helped one of his interns," by Nik DeCosta-Klip 3/14/17
- The Metrowest Daily News, "Rep. Joseph Kennedy III to lead transgender task force," by Gerry Tuot, Mar 2, 2017
- Taunton Gazette, "Joseph Kennedy III raises questions about costly EPA requirements," by Jo C. Goode, Nov 15, 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Shiva Ayyadurai: Personal decision that involves two lives.
Shiva Ayyadurai: Affirmative action hasn't helped most blacks.
Joe Kennedy III: Kennedy leads task force for transgender equality.
Shannon Liss-Riordan: I see the games corporations play to rig the system.
Joe Kennedy III: Concerns with marijuana legalization: take a deep breath.
Energy & Oil|
Ed Markey: More offshore wind and solar--but no Green New Deal.
Shannon Liss-Riordan: More offshore wind and solar--and Green New Deal.
Shiva Ayyadurai: Climate change cause irrelevant; focus on solutions.
Ed Markey: Nuclear power is a very expensive way to boil water.
Shannon Liss-Riordan: Nuclear power may be carbon free, but it is not risk free.
Joe Kennedy III: Proposed pledge to limit spending from outside groups.
Shannon Liss-Riordan: Pledge to limit campaign spending from outside groups.
Joe Kennedy III: Necessary regulations costs are crippling.
Joe Kennedy III: ACA has done good things for people in need.
Shiva Ayyadurai: Path to citizenship for those here with clean records.
Joe Kennedy III: Kennedy promises to fight for DACA recipients.
Principles & Values|
Joe Kennedy III: Co-sponsored Do No Harm Act: keep church and state separate.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Ed Markey Democratic Challenger Massachusetts
- Joe Kennedy III Democratic Senate challenger Massachusetts
- Shannon Liss-Riordan Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Massachusetts
- Shiva Ayyadurai Republican for Massachusetts U.S. Senator (withdrew) Massachusetts
The above quotations are from 2020 Massachusetts Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)