Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Massachusetts Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 MA Senatorial race (number of quotes indicated):
- Al Gross (3) Independent 2020 Senate Challenger Alaska
- Dan Sullivan (1) Republican Senator Alaska
- Ed Markey (17) Democratic Senator Massachusetts
- Joe Kennedy III (10) Democratic Senate challenger Massachusetts
- Kevin O`Connor (19) Republican Challenger Massachusetts
- Shannon Liss-Riordan (4) Democratic 2022 A.G. Challenger Massachusetts
- Shiva Ayyadurai (12) Massachusetts Independent Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Massachusetts 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- iBerkshires News, "Shannon Liss-Riordan Touts Experience in Attorney General Campaign," by Brittany Polito, August 29, 2022
- Lowell Sun, "Shannon Liss-Riordan pledges 'a path away from involvement in the criminal justice system' at UTEC discussion," by Scott Shurtleff, August 24, 2022
- Daily Hampshire Gazette, "AG candidate Liss-Riordan stops in Northampton," by Dusty Christensen, 8/9/2022
- The New American magazine, "Arizona Lawmaker Urges Halt of Certification as Trump Team Delivers Bombshell Fraud Evidence," by Luis Miguel December 1, 2020
- Springfield Republican, "5 takeaways from U.S. Senate debate between Ed Markey, Kevin O`Connor," by Benjamin Kail, October 6, 2020
- Boston Globe, "3 takeaways from the debate between Ed Markey and Kevin O`Connor," by Nik DeCosta-Klipa, October 6, 2020
- The Springfield Republican, "Kevin O`Connor says he doesn't 'know what systemic racism means," by Benjamin Kail, Oct 05, 2020
- Boston Herald, "Ed Markey and Kevin O`Connor clash over coronavirus, Supreme Court in sole Senate debate," by Lisa Kashinsky, October 5, 2020
- Boston Herald, "Markey & O`Connor expect Monday Senate debate to highlight stark differences," by Lisa Kashinsky, 10/4/2020
- The Philadelphia Inquirer, "Some people think face masks are dangerous. Can that be true?," by Stacey Burling, June 23, 2020
- Fall River Herald News, "Markey, Kennedy go head-to-head in WGBH debate," by Matt Murphy, Feb 18, 2020
- CNN, "Kennedy and Markey spar over how to best counter Trump," by Lauren Dezenski, February 18, 2020
- Springfield Republican, "Five takeaways from Senate primary climate forum with Markey & Liss-Riordan," Nov 11, 2019
- Springfield Republican, "Shannon Liss-Riordan challenges Sen. Ed Markey on Green New Deal," Nov 10, 2019
- Springfield Republican, "Markey, Kennedy, and Liss-Riordan may agree on People's Pledge," by Benjamin Kail, 11/7/19
- Springfield Republican, "Liss-Riordan: eliminate sub-minimum wage for tipped workers," by Shira Schoenberg, 6/18/19
- Springfield Republican, "Shannon Liss-Riordan touts fresh perspective," by Shira Schoenberg, May 22, 2019
- MetroWest Daily News, "For Shiva Ayyadurai, it's all about who's the real 'Trumper'," by Neal Simpson, Oct 22, 2018
- Church & State Magazine, AU.org, "Do No Harm Act Introduced In Senate," by Rokia Hassanein, July/August 2018
- Boston Globe, "Joe Kennedy III explains why he's not so hot about pot," by Nik DeCosta-Klipa, March 8, 2018
- Massachusetts Immigrant & Refugee Advocacy Coalition, "DREAMers urge Congress to fight for a fair DACA fix," 10/16/17
- Merion West, "Interviews: Shiva Ayyadurai," by Erich J. Prince, 07/24/2017
- Boston Globe, "Kennedy describes how the Affordable Care Act helped one of his interns," by Nik DeCosta-Klip 3/14/17
- The Metrowest Daily News, "Rep. Joseph Kennedy III to lead transgender task force," by Gerry Tuot, Mar 2, 2017
- Vote-USA.org Massachusetts Senate Guide (Ed Markey), 10/23/2014
- Taunton Gazette, "Joseph Kennedy III raises questions about costly EPA requirements," by Jo C. Goode, Nov 15, 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Ed Markey: Massachusetts should lead in protecting right to choose.
Shiva Ayyadurai: Personal decision that involves two lives.
Ed Markey: Champion of woman's ability to make her own decisions.
Budget & Economy|
Ed Markey: Pay for $2000 stimulus checks by repealing Trump tax cuts.
Kevin O`Connor: $2000 monthly payments during pandemic grossly irresponsible.
Shiva Ayyadurai: Budgetary transparency will lead to infrastructure spending.
Shiva Ayyadurai: Arizona data showed Biden win was statistically impossible.
Kevin O`Connor: Racial justice: enforce the lawl problem isn't the police.
Kevin O`Connor: I don't know what systemic racism means, but racism exists.
Shiva Ayyadurai: Affirmative action hasn't helped most blacks.
Joe Kennedy III: Kennedy leads task force for transgender equality.
Shannon Liss-Riordan: I see the games corporations play to rig the system.
Kevin O`Connor: Horrified by Floyd murder, but do not defund police.
Ed Markey: Ban "weapons of war" including tear gas from police use.
Joe Kennedy III: Concerns with marijuana legalization: take a deep breath.
Energy & Oil|
Ed Markey: Green New Deal has shifted the whole discussion.
Kevin O`Connor: The Green New Deal will wreck U.S. economy.
Kevin O`Connor: Green New Deal would sell out American workers.
Kevin O`Connor: Net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 through innovation.
Ed Markey: More offshore wind and solar--but no Green New Deal.
Shannon Liss-Riordan: More offshore wind and solar--and Green New Deal.
Shiva Ayyadurai: Climate change cause irrelevant; focus on solutions.
Kevin O`Connor: Need strong federal policy to protect clean air and water.
Shiva Ayyadurai: Real problem is not climate change but pollution.
Ed Markey: Nuclear power is a very expensive way to boil water.
Shannon Liss-Riordan: Nuclear power may be carbon free, but it is not risk free.
Ed Markey: COVID: Supported travel ban from China.
Kevin O`Connor: Failure to criticize China over COVID is weakness.
Kevin O`Connor: America first means robust free trade.
Kevin O`Connor: Every vote must count; make ballots more accessible.
Shiva Ayyadurai: Pledges to serve one term, not focus on re-election.
Ed Markey: Ok with outside PAC ads, if positive ads.
Joe Kennedy III: Supports People's Pledge: no outside PAC spending.
Joe Kennedy III: Proposed pledge to limit spending from outside groups.
Shannon Liss-Riordan: Pledge to limit campaign spending from outside groups.
Joe Kennedy III: Necessary regulations costs are crippling.
Kevin O`Connor: Supports right to bear arms and background checks.
Ed Markey: COVID: Trump's response "criminally negligent".
Kevin O`Connor: Competitive marketplace will reduce health care costs.
Kevin O`Connor: Repeal ACA only if pre-existing conditions still covered.
Kevin O`Connor: Against mask mandate; "all contact is not equal".
Shiva Ayyadurai: Patients & doctors determine vaccinations, not government.
Al Gross: Alaska has most expensive health care in the world.
Al Gross: Public option allows Alaska to compete on equal basis.
Joe Kennedy III: ACA has done good things for people in need.
Ed Markey: Expand online clinical trials registry.
Al Gross: Sullivan cut Alaska bases to support border wall.
Kevin O`Connor: Against sanctuary cities, enforce immigration laws.
Shiva Ayyadurai: Borders need to be strong, laws need to be enforced.
Ed Markey: Would not trade protecting DACA for wall.
Dan Sullivan: Shift military funding to build border wall.
Shiva Ayyadurai: Path to citizenship for those here with clean records.
Joe Kennedy III: Kennedy promises to fight for DACA recipients.
Ed Markey: Supports comprehensive immigration reform.
Principles & Values|
Kevin O`Connor: Promises to serve no more than two terms.
Kevin O`Connor: MA voters do not want Markey's socialism.
Shiva Ayyadurai: Rational scientific approach for real solutions.
Ed Markey: Legislating is about issues: look at my record.
Joe Kennedy III: Legislating is about which causes we care about first.
Joe Kennedy III: Co-sponsored Do No Harm Act: keep church and state separate.
Ed Markey: Opposes privatizing, or any changes that reduce benefits.
Kevin O`Connor: Trump tax cuts led to greatest economy in last 40 years.
Ed Markey: Expand program to get every child internet access.
Shiva Ayyadurai: Make data from taxpayer funded research accessible.
War & Peace|
Ed Markey: 2003 Iraq war vote was a mistake; 2013 Syria vote was not.
Joe Kennedy III: Opposed 2003 Iraq war; opposed 2013 Syria war.
The above quotations are from 2020 Massachusetts Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator Jeff Flake (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)