Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Kentucky Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 KY Senatorial race (number of quotes indicated):
- Amy McGrath (24) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Kentucky
- C. Wesley Morgan (4) Republican 2020 Senate Challenger Kentucky
- Charles Booker (9) Democratic Senate Challenger Kentucky
- Mark Curran (1) Republican Senate challenger Illinois
- Steven Cox (13) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Kentucky
- Wesley Morgan (13)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Kentucky 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- The Northern Kentucky Tribune, "Kentucky needs new generation leaders," by Amy McGrath, Jun 14th, 2020
- The Messenger, "Protests continue, with drive to bring down Madisonville statue," by Richard Burkard, Jun 2, 2020
- The Advocate-Messenger, "McGrath aims to bring servant leadership to U.S. Senate," by Zac Oakes, May 10, 2020
- Kentucky Publishing, "McGrath's 'Commonwealth, Common Health' Initiative Establishes Food Bank Relief Fund," April 16, 2020
- Louisville Courier Journal, "Amy McGrath opposes 'Medicare for All,' free college in new ad," by Phillip M. Bailey, Feb. 11, 2020
- Ballotpedia Candidate Connection 2020: Survey responses by Steven Cox and C. Wesley Morgan, September 2019
- Medium.com, "Interview with Steven Cox: The Healthcare Advocate Hoping to Unseat McConnell," by Max Micallef, July 18, 2019
- The Student Post, "Interview with Steven Cox: The Healthcare Advocate Hoping to Unseat Mitch McConnell," by Max Micallef, 6/23/19
- Lexington Herald-Leader, "Former Kentucky lawmaker challenging Mitch McConnell in GOP primary," by Jack Brammer, 5/29/19
- The Louisville Courier-Journal, "Furious GOP lawmaker flips party allegiance after House primary loss," by Darcy Costello, 5/23/18
- Lexington Herald-Leader, "Lawmaker was 'sick' when Confederate statues moved," by Jack Brammer, January 12, 2018
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Charles Booker: Women have the right to choose; Roe v. Wade must be upheld.
Wesley Morgan: Opposes taxpayer funding for abortion.
Budget & Economy|
Wesley Morgan: Supports balanced budget amendment.
Wesley Morgan: Supports permanent ban on earmarks, opposes bailouts.
Wesley Morgan: Stop government from interfering with free exercise of faith.
Mark Curran: Launched online petition to remove Confederate statue.
Amy McGrath: Police reform: ban chokeholds, guarantee body cameras.
Charles Booker: Supports criminal justice reform to address racial bias.
Amy McGrath: Will work for real investments in tackling opioid crisis.
Amy McGrath: For medical cannabis; research full legalization.
Charles Booker: Legalize cannabis and expunge records related to it.
Amy McGrath: We need a well-funded public education system.
Amy McGrath: National service program practical solution for college debt.
Amy McGrath: Perform national service to get college aid.
C. Wesley Morgan: Reform education towards career prep.
Energy & Oil|
Amy McGrath: Climate change: wars will fought over water, resources.
Charles Booker: Kentucky should lead the way to a green new deal.
Steven Cox: Save the world from the climatocalypse.
Steven Cox: We need to find a system better than fossil fuels.
Steven Cox: We need to find a system better than fossil fuels.
Steven Cox: We need to find a better investment than fossil fuels.
Families & Children|
Amy McGrath: Help working class families with checks during pandemic.
Amy McGrath: We need strong military, but also strong diplomatic corps.
Steven Cox: America is ignoring our role as stewards who save the world.
Steven Cox: America is the greatest nation; we should lead.
Amy McGrath: Pulling out of Trans-Pacific Partnership cost us influence.
Amy McGrath: Implement term limits, require release of tax returns.
Amy McGrath: We must protect election process from foreign interference.
Amy McGrath: I served in the military for 24 years; I voted by mail.
Wesley Morgan: Supports term limits; repeal 17th amendment.
Steven Cox: Supports any laws that ensure elections can't be bought.
Amy McGrath: Supports background checks, honest conversation about guns.
Charles Booker: Supports gun control; background checks; no assault weapons.
Wesley Morgan: Oppose all efforts to eliminate; restrict 2nd Amendment.
C. Wesley Morgan: Count on me to protect your 2nd amendment rights.
Amy McGrath: For bipartisan plan to fix ObamaCare's problems.
Charles Booker: More expensive to do nothing than implement Medicare for all.
Amy McGrath: Will fight to lower prescription drug costs.
Amy McGrath: Improve ACA; don't get rid of private insurance.
Charles Booker: Has diabetes & rationed insulin: need Medicare for All.
Wesley Morgan: Abolish ObamaCare; free market is best.
Steven Cox: Passionate about healthcare.
Steven Cox: Medicare-for-All would reduce healthcare costs.
Steven Cox: Medicare-For-All would reduce healthcare costs.
Steven Cox: Medicare for All absolutely needs to be done.
Amy McGrath: Fully fund the VA so veterans get quality health care.
Amy McGrath: For secure borders & meaningful immigration reform.
Charles Booker: Supports path to citizenship for undocumented.
Wesley Morgan: Supports "real border enforcement"; opposes amnesty.
Steven Cox: Stop misuse of work visas to protect American workers.
C. Wesley Morgan: Make Kentucky a Right to Work State.
Principles & Values|
Steven Cox: Socially progressive, fiscally conservative.
Wesley Morgan: 100 % Trump supporter: "I'm so anti-Democrat".
Wesley Morgan: Supported Democrat after 2018 primary loss.
Wesley Morgan: Filed bill making it harder to remove Confederate statues.
Wesley Morgan: Repeal 16th amendment; abolish IRS.
Wesley Morgan: Amend Constitution to balance budget without raising taxes.
C. Wesley Morgan: Abolish the state income tax, to create jobs.
Amy McGrath: Invest in infrastructure, broadband, electricity grid.
War & Peace|
Amy McGrath: Support NATO alliance; support two-state Israel solution.
Amy McGrath: No nukes in North Korea; nuke deal with Iran.
Amy McGrath: All major military actions must be approved by Congress.
Welfare & Poverty|
Charles Booker: A universal basic income will address racism and poverty.
Amy McGrath: Established food bank relief fund in Kentucky.
The above quotations are from 2020 Kentucky Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)