Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Presidential Primary CNN Town Halls
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2019-2020 Town Halls (number of quotes indicated):
- Amy Klobuchar (8) Minnesota Democratic candidate for President; Minnesota Senator
- Andrew Yang (10) Democratic candidate for President; CEO
- Bernie Sanders (7) Democratic Presidential candidate
- Elizabeth Warren (7) Massachusetts Senator
- Joe Biden (26) Democratic V.P.
- Kamala Harris (9) California Democratic nominee for Vice President; California Senator
- Marianne Williamson (14) Democratic candidate for President
- Pete Buttigieg (9) Indiana Nominee for DOT Secretary
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Marianne Williamson: Abortion is about private morality; government has no role.
Budget & Economy|
Andrew Yang: Our winner take all economy causes social problems.
Joe Biden: I've benefited from white privilege, & been looked down upon.
Joe Biden: People have the right to protest peacefully.
Joe Biden: Military should not deal with domestic unrest.
Bernie Sanders: Even prisoners should still have right to vote.
Kamala Harris: Legalize sex work, but fight trafficking and abuse.
Kamala Harris: Women's issues are really about everyone.
Kamala Harris: Ally of LGBTQ community; must end discrimination.
Pete Buttigieg: If U.S. to address human rights, we need to be credible.
Marianne Williamson: Reparations are an appropriate response to country's history.
Marianne Williamson: Attacks on gay rights is attack on us all.
Elizabeth Warren: Break up big tech platforms like Amazon & Google.
Pete Buttigieg: Anti-trust law must go beyond pricing to deal with high tech.
Joe Biden: Bring stakeholders together to agree on police reforms.
Elizabeth Warren: Must get serious about gun control & background checks.
Kamala Harris: Have a conversation on whether prisoners should vote.
Pete Buttigieg: Restore voting rights for ex-cons, but not those in prison.
Andrew Yang: Jail for dealers; treatment for addicts.
Amy Klobuchar: Use drug courts; diversity in law enforcement.
Elizabeth Warren: Change to pro-legalization of marijuana.
Joe Biden: $100B for school ventilation; part of $1T for infrastructure.
Andrew Yang: Giving families money will improve educational outcomes.
Amy Klobuchar: Address student debt in ways beyond free college.
Amy Klobuchar: Loan forgiveness for those taking public service jobs.
Elizabeth Warren: Roll back student debt; free college going forward.
Kamala Harris: Change rules on student debt: reduce interest, income based.
Pete Buttigieg: States should take on more of cost of higher education.
Pete Buttigieg: Supports loan forgiveness but not across the board.
Marianne Williamson: Wipe out college loans burdening the young.
Energy & Oil|
Joe Biden: Allow fracking, but get to net zero emissions by 2050.
Joe Biden: When I hear global warming, I think jobs.
Andrew Yang: Move subsidies from fossil fuel to wind and solar.
Amy Klobuchar: Would rejoin climate pact & propose new legislation.
Bernie Sanders: End fossil fuel; move toward wind and solar.
Elizabeth Warren: Supports Green New Deal; invest in green infrastructure.
Kamala Harris: Green New Deal sets agenda for dealing with climate change.
Marianne Williamson: Climate change biggest crisis of our time.
Joe Biden: Green New Deal is in platform and it's not too much.
Joe Biden: WOTUS: clean water rules create rural jobs.
Joe Biden: Pay to put farmland in land banks, for open space & carbon.
Marianne Williamson: Deal with factory farming by having environmentalists at EPA.
Families & Children|
Andrew Yang: More therapists in schools; kids very anxious these days.
Marianne Williamson: Need a cabinet department to focus on children and youth.
Joe Biden: Russia is an opponent, not an enemy.
Bernie Sanders: Supports Israel's right to exist, not Netanyahu.
Marianne Williamson: Support Israeli security & Palestinian human rights.
Marianne Williamson: Return moral principles to our foreign policy.
Joe Biden: China is a competitor, not an opponent.
Joe Biden: China unfairly competes with state-owned enterprises.
Joe Biden: FactCheck: Yes, US has tried "Buy American" for 100 years.
Pete Buttigieg: Free trade doesn't have to mean exporting jobs.
Joe Biden: Push plan to make voting machinery & process secure.
Joe Biden: Early voting, same day registration safeguards elections.
Andrew Yang: Banning Electoral College non-starter; reform system.
Marianne Williamson: DC should have representation in Congress.
Marianne Williamson: Must address election security & Russian interference.
Andrew Yang: Break stranglehold of NRA on Congress.
Kamala Harris: If Congress won't pass gun laws, do it by executive action.
Marianne Williamson: Gun laws are driven by profits of gun manufacturers.
Joe Biden: Protect workers and schools from COVID with funding & PPE.
Joe Biden: Wearing a mask is a patriotic requirement, not slavery.
Joe Biden: Add public option to ACA, healthcare is a right.
Amy Klobuchar: Ensure vets get equal support for mental health.
Amy Klobuchar: Supports public option for Medicaid & Medicare.
Amy Klobuchar: Take on Big Pharma on prices & lack of competition.
Bernie Sanders: Single payer will transform health care for the better.
Kamala Harris: Private insurance not victims under single payer.
Marianne Williamson: Make Medicare for All a public option.
Pete Buttigieg: There's a consensus on immigration if we have the will.
Marianne Williamson: Need to examine how US policy created border crisis.
Joe Biden: Require federal contractors to buy American products.
Joe Biden: No one should have to work two jobs to get out of poverty.
Joe Biden: $15 an hour is too little for healthcare workers.
Andrew Yang: Help youth get access to trade and technical training.
Amy Klobuchar: Enact laws to assure equal pay & equal opportunity.
Principles & Values|
Joe Biden: Bring together a divided nation and a world in disarray.
Joe Biden: Trump could have saved 37,000 lives if he had shared info.
Joe Biden: FactCheck: No, only 50% of recent presidents were Ivy league.
Bernie Sanders: Government should address income inequality, not support it.
Pete Buttigieg: God does not have a political party.
Elizabeth Warren: System can be fixed if we have political will.
Bernie Sanders: Supports progressive taxation; closing loopholes for wealthy.
Elizabeth Warren: Proposes wealth tax for fortunes over $50 million.
Andrew Yang: Hold Facebook accountable and invest in local news.
Kamala Harris: Cybersecurity crucial to protect elections & infrastructure.
Pete Buttigieg: Automation is changing the workplace; we need to adapt.
War & Peace|
Joe Biden: Support Afghan counter-terrorism; oppose counter-insurgency.
Andrew Yang: Declaring war is an act of Congress.
Welfare & Poverty|
Bernie Sanders: Would sign reparations bill; wants investment in poor areas.
The above quotations are from 2020 Presidential Primary CNN Town Halls.
Debates and Surveys in the 2020 Democratic Primary:
Surveys and other coverage of the Democratic Primary:
- 11th Democratic Debate, one-on-one between Biden and Sanders, March 15, 2020
- 10th Democratic Debate, between South Carolina primary and Super Tuesday, Feb. 25 2020
- Feb. 2020 Democratic Debate (9th Debate) on eve of the Nevada caucus, Feb. 19 2020
- February Democratic candidates debate in N.H., (Feb. 7, 2020)
- CNN New Hampshire Town Halls (Feb. 5-6, 2020)
- January Democratic candidates debate in Des Moines, (Jan. 14, 2020)
- December Democratic candidates debate at UCLA, (Dec. 19, 2019)
- November Democratic candidates debate in Atlanta, (Nov. 20, 2019)
- October Democratic candidates debate in Ohio, (Oct. 15, 2019)
- CNN LGBT Town Hall (Oct. 10, 2019)
- Business Insider Republican candidates debate, (Sept. 24, 2019)
- September Democratic candidates debate in Houston, (Sept. 12, 2019)
- CNN Climate Town Hall (Sept. 4, 2019)
- July Democratic candidates debate in Detroit (July 30-31, 2019)
- June Democratic candidates debate in Miami, (June 26-27, 2019)
- CNN Town Halls (April-May, 2019)
- Survey of 2020 Presidential campaign websites
- Politico 2020Dems Presidential survey
- NPR Morning Edition 2020 Presidential survey
- CNN Kfile, investigative reporting on presidential contenders
- Jacobin Magazine, socialist perspectives on presidential contenders
- CNN Town Halls, with presidential contenders
- Fox Town Halls, with presidential contenders
- 2020 Presidential Hopefuls by OnTheIssues.org
Books by 2020 Presidential hopefuls:
- The Truths We Hold, by Kamala Harris (2019)
- Shortest Way Home, by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
- The Mueller Report, investigation and commentary (2019)
- From the Ground Up, by Howard Schultz (2019)
- Where We Go From Here, by Bernie Sanders (2018)
- The Right Answer, by John Delaney (2018)
- An Unlikely Journey, by Julian Castro (2018)
- Healing the Soul of America, by Marianne Williamson (2018)
- Promise Me, Dad, by Joe Biden (2017)
- This Fight Is Our Fight by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
- The Making of Donald Trump by David Cay Johnston (2017)
- United, by Cory Booker (2016)
- The Opposite of Woe, by John Hickenlooper (2016)
- The Senator Next Door, by Amy Klobuchar (2015)
- Off the Sidelines, Kirsten Gillibrand (2014)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Beto O'Rourke (2011)
Page last edited: Jan 03, 2021