Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2019 CNN Climate Crisis Town Hall
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2019 Town Hall (number of quotes indicated):
- Amy Klobuchar (6) Minnesota Democratic candidate for President; Minnesota Senator
- Andrew Yang (6) Democratic candidate for President; CEO
- Bernie Sanders (6) Democratic Presidential candidate
- Beto O`Rourke (6) Texas Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from TX
- Cory Booker (9) New Jersey Mayor of Newark; N.J. Senator
- Elizabeth Warren (4) Massachusetts Senator
- Joe Biden (3) Democratic V.P.
- Julian Castro (5) Texas Mayor of San Antonio; HUD Secretary
- Kamala Harris (7) California Democratic candidate for President; California Senator
- Pete Buttigieg (8) Indiana Democratic candidate for President; Mayor of South Bend, IN
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Bernie Sanders: Totally absurd for U.S. to limit birth control abroad.
Budget & Economy|
Elizabeth Warren: Utility profit is OK if they don't externalize costs.
Cory Booker: You can't separate corporate corruption from other issues.
Energy & Oil|
Amy Klobuchar: Our mission: solve climate crisis, without harming economy.
Amy Klobuchar: No all-out ban on fracking; we need a transition.
Andrew Yang: Stop subsidizing fossil fuel industries; support carbon tax.
Beto O`Rourke: Net zero greenhouse emissions on public lands.
Beto O`Rourke: Price carbon via cap-and-trade, not carbon tax.
Beto O`Rourke: El Paso and other southern cities will become uninhabitable.
Cory Booker: Zero carbon by 2030 requires nuclear as part of the blend.
Cory Booker: GOP is only party on earth that denies climate change.
Cory Booker: Ban fracking, and no new oil leases, on public land.
Joe Biden: Undo what Trump has done, from CAFE to other standards.
Joe Biden: Limit fracking at state level, but disallow new drilling.
Julian Castro: The ice caps are melting; the Amazon is on fire.
Julian Castro: People First, Planet First: net-zero by 2045.
Pete Buttigieg: Set up climate action plan as South Bend Mayor.
Pete Buttigieg: Polluters pay carbon tax; redistribute it to those affected.
Pete Buttigieg: No more intermediate steps: de-carbonize industry by 2050.
Amy Klobuchar: Environmental justice: impacted community gets what's needed.
Amy Klobuchar: Supports Endangered Species Act, but supports de-listing.
Andrew Yang: Reformulate GDP to account for clean air & clean water.
Andrew Yang: Clean water is a fundamental human right.
Bernie Sanders: Deal with existing nuclear waste before creating any more.
Bernie Sanders: Reform FEMA to stop rebuilding in same place after storms.
Cory Booker: I'm vegan, but I won't take away your hamburgers.
Cory Booker: Next-generation nuclear power is safe with little waste.
Cory Booker: Deforestation of Amazon started long before current fires.
Elizabeth Warren: Help Native Americans continue stewardship of their lands.
Elizabeth Warren: We need a Blue New Deal to protect our oceans and fisheries.
Julian Castro: Backed fracking as mayor; leave bans to each community.
Julian Castro: Reinstate private right to sue polluters.
Julian Castro: PAW: connect the dots for Protecting Animals and Wildlife.
Kamala Harris: Declare drinking water emergency on Day One.
Kamala Harris: Ban fracking & offshore drilling.
Kamala Harris: Ban plastic straws & bags; limit single-use plastic.
Kamala Harris: I like cheeseburgers, but less meat in food pyramid.
Kamala Harris: Figure out what to do with nuclear waste--not Yucca Mountain.
Pete Buttigieg: Regulate plastics; incentives for non-plastic replacements.
Families & Children|
Amy Klobuchar: Do what science tells us on obesity: more info on labels.
Pete Buttigieg: Generational justice for those who'll come in the future.
Beto O`Rourke: U.S. investment in Brazil incentivizes burning the Amazon.
Beto O`Rourke: We left Puerto Rico unprotected & under-funded for disasters.
Beto O`Rourke: Syrian War partly based on climate; expect more migration.
Pete Buttigieg: Syrian Civil War partially based on climate security.
Cory Booker: Labor & environment should be at center of every trade deal.
Andrew Yang: You get what you measure, so decide what to measure.
Bernie Sanders: We need major filibuster reform, but don't abolish it.
Kamala Harris: Get rid of the Senate filibuster to pass Green New Deal.
Bernie Sanders: We lose 30,000 people a year due to not going to the doctor.
Andrew Yang: Military dumps oil at end of year, to avoid losing budget.
Bernie Sanders: Cut military spending to pay for fixing climate change.
Amy Klobuchar: Focus on rural & job aspects of green energy transition.
Elizabeth Warren: Require green technology be built by American union jobs.
Andrew Yang: Apply geoengineering fixes, but ALSO reduce carbon emissions.
Joe Biden: High-speed rail & mass transit would remove millions of cars.
Kamala Harris: All electric cars and school buses by 2045.
Pete Buttigieg: Can't solve problem by air travel ban; focus on fast trains.
War & Peace|
Cory Booker: War & Peace.
Welfare & Poverty|
Pete Buttigieg: Every religion says we should care for our neighbors.
The above quotations are from 2019 CNN Climate Crisis Town Hall .
Debates and Surveys in the 2020 Democratic Primary:
Surveys and other coverage of the Democratic Primary:
- January Democratic candidates debate in Des Moines, (Jan. 14, 2020)
- December Democratic candidates debate at UCLA, (Dec. 19, 2019)
- November Democratic candidates debate in Atlanta, (Nov. 20, 2019)
- October Democratic candidates debate in Ohio, (Oct. 15, 2019)
- CNN LGBT Town Hall (Oct. 10, 2019)
- Business Insider Republican candidates debate, (Sept. 24, 2019)
- September Democratic candidates debate in Houston, (Sept. 12, 2019)
- CNN Climate Town Hall (Sept. 4, 2019)
- June Democratic candidates debate in Miami, (June 26-27, 2019)
- July Democratic candidates debate in Detroit (July 30-31, 2019)
- Survey of 2020 Presidential campaign websites
- Politico 2020Dems Presidential survey
- NPR Morning Edition 2020 Presidential survey
- CNN Kfile, investigative reporting on presidential contenders
- Jacobin Magazine, socialist perspectives on presidential contenders
- CNN Town Halls, with presidential contenders
- Fox Town Halls, with presidential contenders
- 2020 Presidential Hopefuls by OnTheIssues.org
Books by 2020 Presidential hopefuls:
- The Truths We Hold, by Kamala Harris (2019)
- Shortest Way Home, by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
- The Mueller Report, investigation and commentary (2019)
- From the Ground Up, by Howard Schultz (2019)
- Where We Go From Here, by Bernie Sanders (2018)
- The Right Answer, by John Delaney (2018)
- An Unlikely Journey, by Julian Castro (2018)
- Healing the Soul of America, by Marianne Williamson (2018)
- Promise Me, Dad, by Joe Biden (2017)
- This Fight Is Our Fight by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
- The Making of Donald Trump by David Cay Johnston (2017)
- United, by Cory Booker (2016)
- The Opposite of Woe, by John Hickenlooper (2016)
- The Senator Next Door, by Amy Klobuchar (2015)
- Off the Sidelines, Kirsten Gillibrand (2014)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Beto O'Rourke (2011)
Page last edited: Sep 08, 2019