Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
AdWatch: transcripts from 2020 candidates
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 AdWatch (number of quotes indicated):
- Amy Klobuchar (1) Minnesota Democratic candidate for President; Minnesota Senator
- Amy McGrath (2) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Kentucky
- Dan Baer (1) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Colorado
- David Perdue (1) Republican challenger Georgia
- Democratic Party (2)
- Don Blankenship (1) Constitution Party candidate for President
- Donald Trump (3) Republican Presidential incumbent
- Gary Peters (1) Democratic Jr Senator Michigan
- Joe Biden (3) Democratic V.P.
- John Bel Edwards (1) Louisiana Democratic Governor
- Jon Ossoff (2) Democratic Senate challenger Georgia
- Kelly Loeffler (1) Republican Jr Senator Georgia
- Mark Ronchetti (1) Republican Senate Nominee New Mexico
- Raphael Warnock (1) Democratic Challenger Georgia
- Sarah Palin (1) Alaska Former Governor (resigned 2009); V.P. nominee (2008)
- Seth Moulton (1) Massachusetts Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from MA-6
- Tate Reeves (1) Mississippi Republican candidate for governor
- Tom Steyer (2) Possible Democratic candidate for President from California
- Woody Myers (1) Indiana Democratic candidate for governor
- Woody Thrasher (1) West Virginia Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
EXPLANATORY NOTE by OnTheIssues.org:
Starting well before each election, candidates produce and air politicial advertisements. Since Citizens United took effect, PACs have produced many campaign ads too.
In modern campaigns, ads might be on TV, but also might be via email, web video, Tweets, or other social media.
Political pundit publications, such as The Hill and Rollcall, analyze campaign advertisements as well as campaign events
(although at OnTheIssues we ignore their relentless coverage of polls; since we consider them irrelevant to normal voters and relevant only to pundits!)
OnTheIssues.org reviews those ads and analyses for relevant issue content, including opponents' responses when available. Sometimes we transcribe the ads from video or audio; sometimes we include commentary; all the time, we urge paying attention to the opponent of each advertiser too, to get the full story!
Citation list (for transcriptions and analyses other than those by OnTheissues):
- 2019-20 GA Senate: OnTheIssues transcript AdWatch: Raphael Warnock TV ad, 11/5/2020
- 2020 OK Senate: Nondoc.com e-zine, "Jim Inhofe, Abby Broyles share contrasting visions for Oklahoma," by Matt Patterson, 9/22/2020
- 2019-20 GA Senate: Atlanta Journal-Constitution AdWatch, Loeffler ad: 'She's more conservative than Attila the Hun', by Greg Bluestein, Sept 21, 2020
- 2020 GA Senate: OnTheIssues transcript AdWatch: Ossoff ad: "Echo" TV ad, July 27, 2020
- 2020 GA Senate: OnTheIssues transcript AdWatch: Ossoff ad: "Fighting corruption is my job" TV ad, July 9 2020
- American Bridge 21st Century PAC ad against Donald Trump, by Democratic Party-related PAC, 3/21/2020
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
John Bel Edwards: AdWatch: My daughter is living proof of my pro-life values.
Budget & Economy|
Democratic Party: AdWatch: Trump takes no responsibility for coronavirus panic.
Donald Trump: AdWatch: market crash due to lack of coronavirus action.
Donald Trump: OpEd: Trump should take responsibility for corona panic.
Tom Steyer: AdWatch: put people before corporations.
Amy McGrath: Perform national service to get college aid.
Energy & Oil|
Tom Steyer: AdWatch: I left my business to combat climate change.
Woody Myers: AdWatch: End tax cuts for Big Oil; invest in clean energy.
Don Blankenship: AdWatch: role of MSHA in mine disaster was covered up.
Families & Children|
Amy Klobuchar: 1996 AdWatch: my daughter endorses 48 hour stay for new moms.
Dan Baer: Served as US ambassador to OSCE & multilateral organizations.
Jon Ossoff: AdWatch: Fighting corruption is my job; no PAC donations.
Raphael Warnock: AdWatch: Don't get rid of healthcare in middle of a pandemic.
David Perdue: Coronavirus numbers projected were supposed to be much worse.
Jon Ossoff: AdWatch: We were left unprepared for the pandemic.
Woody Thrasher: AdWatch: Be proactive on coronavirus, not reactive.
Democratic Party: AdWatch: Trump called coronavirus "their hoax" & "fake news".
Donald Trump: AdWatch: Trump called coronavirus "their hoax" & "fake news".
Amy McGrath: Improve ACA; don't get rid of private insurance.
Gary Peters: AdWatch: endorsed by VoteVets for military service.
Principles & Values|
Kelly Loeffler: TV ad: She's more conservative than Attila the Hun.
Mark Ronchetti: America the greatest nation on Earth, not afraid to say so.
Joe Biden: AdWatch: World laughs at Trump for dangerous incompetence.
Tate Reeves: AdWatch: defend "In God We Trust" on new car tag.
Joe Biden: 1972 campaign brochures included photos with incumbents.
Joe Biden: 1972 campaign ad: "Do you trust me?".
Sarah Palin: Endorsed by Sen. Ted Stevens.
War & Peace|
Seth Moulton: AdWatch: Don't send troops back to Iraq.
The above quotations are from AdWatch: transcripts from 2020 candidates.