Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2019 Mississippi Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2019 MS Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Jim Hood (9)
- Phil Bryant (2) Mississippi Republican Governor
- Robert Foster (14)
- Tate Reeves (12) Mississippi Republican candidate for governor
- Trent Lott (1) Mississippi Republican candidate for governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Mississippi 2019 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Mississippi Clarion Ledger, "Foster supports version of Medicaid expansion", by Luke Ramseth, Jan. 8, 2019
- Mississippi Clarion Ledger, "Jim Hood Jabs at Tate Reeves at Hobnob", by Luke Ramseth, Nov. 1, 2018
- Jackson Free Press, "Hard-right Conservative 'Farmer Bob' to Announce," by Ashton Pittman, December 10, 2018
- Mississippi Today, "Jim Hood, Mississippiís only statewide Democrat, to announce governor bid," by A.Ganucheau , L.Campbell & B.Harrison, Oct. 1, 2018
- Today In Mississippi, "Talking with 'Today': Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves," March 11, 2018
- Mississippi Today, "5 takeaways from Senate infrastructure proposal," by Adam Ganucheau, Feb. 20, 2018
- Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal, "Reeves easily tops statewide campaign fundraising", Feb 3, 2018
- Jackson Free Press, "Politicking Over Mental-Health Care," by Arielle Dreher, July 27, 2017
- Legal Newsline, "Miss. AG sues pharma companies over allegedly unapproved drugs," by Jessica Karmasek, May 2, 2017
- Mississippi Today, "Blue Lives Matter,' immigration bills get Reeves' support," by R. L. Nave, Jan. 9, 2017
- Mississippi Today, "Federal judge blocks HB 1523," by Larrison Campbell, June 30, 2016
- The Clarion-Ledger, "Trent Lott for governor, 2019?", by Geoff Pender, May 9, 2015
- GulfLive.com, "Reeves announces $400 million tax relief plan," by Warren Kulo, Feb. 10, 2015
- Mississippi Business Journal, "VW's incentives over company's stance on union vote," by Ted Carter, Feb. 13, 2014
- (More issues coverage when it becomes available)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Robert Foster: Protect all innocent life, including unborn children.
Budget & Economy|
Jim Hood: State economy is not moving; we've got to drain the swamp.
Robert Foster: 2015: Never heard anyone being offended by our state flag.
Jim Hood: Watchdog over corporate wrong-doers.
Robert Foster: A tax on business means a tax on job creation.
Tate Reeves: Government shouldn't pick winners and losers.
Robert Foster: Reduce recidivism by differentiating non-violent offenders.
Tate Reeves: Blue Lives Matter: public safety workers in protected class.
Robert Foster: We can't punish someone out of addiction.
Robert Foster: Full-on prohibition of drugs does not work.
Phil Bryant: More drug testing for unemployment insurance applicants.
Jim Hood: Statewide, universal, public pre-kindergarten program.
Robert Foster: School choice has its place, but we must be very careful.
Robert Foster: Why build duplicate private schools and public schools?
Tate Reeves: Public charter schools in failing districts.
Energy & Oil|
Tate Reeves: Developing rural areas could provide viable energy resources.
Jim Hood: Provide relief & protection after oil spills & hurricanes.
Families & Children|
Tate Reeves: Creating family-friendly environment was a platform priority.
Robert Foster: Enact sunset legislation; roll back rules and regulations.
Robert Foster: Second amendment is final check & balance in Constitution.
Tate Reeves: Pro-gun rights; lowered barriers to concealed carry.
Robert Foster: Expand Medicaid with contribution of monthly fee.
Jim Hood: Accept federal dollars to help struggling rural hospitals.
Robert Foster: Reform our monopolistic Certificate of Need laws.
Jim Hood: Sue drug companies for over-charging Medicaid.
Tate Reeves: Let's find solutions instead of over-institutionalizing.
Tate Reeves: Honor Vietnam Veteran's service with 50th anniversary book.
Robert Foster: No sanctuary: report illegal criminals.
Tate Reeves: Supports law enforcement inquiry into immigration status.
Tate Reeves: Protect manufacturers from unfair union negotiating tactics.
Principles & Values|
Phil Bryant: Created Imagine Mississippi PAC for post-term-limit career.
Trent Lott: Led the Singing Senators, and started Seersucker Thursdays.
Robert Foster: Excise and sales tax, rather than income and property tax.
Tate Reeves: Reduce taxes to help small business.
Jim Hood: We need to get back to swinging hammers and building bridges.
Jim Hood: Put some money where your mouth is on infrastructure.
Jim Hood: Focused Attorney General's office on cybercrime.
Tate Reeves: Diverting $600M to Strategic Infrastructure Investment Fund.
The above quotations are from 2019 Mississippi Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-19 Governors' book excerpts:
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by Governor Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)