Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harm’s Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Virginia Senate race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 VA Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Corey Stewart (21) Republican candidate for Virginia U.S. Senator Virginia
- Mark Warner (1) Virginia Former Democratic Governor (2002-2006); elected Senator 2008
- Nick Freitas (16) Republican candidate for Virginia U. S. Senator Virginia
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Virginia 2018 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- PoltiicalWire.com, “Warner Reverses Himself on Assault Weapons Ban,” by Taegan Goddard, October 2, 2018
- PoliticalWire.com, "Stewart Praised Southern Secession," by Taegan Goddard, August 8, 2018
- Medium.com, "Freitas' Viral Speech in the Gun Control Debate," by Alice Atalanta, March 7, 2018
- Washington Examiner, "Connecting 'abortion industry' to mass shootings," by Daniel Chaitin, March 2, 2018
- InsideNova.com, "Freitas brings Senate campaign to Manassas," by Alex Koma, Dec. 25, 2017
- Culpeper Star Exponent, "Freitas vows to maximize individual freedoms," October 26, 2017
- Washington Post, "Politicians of all stripes condemn white nationalists--except one," by Laura Vozzella & Fenit Nirappil, Aug.13 2017
- Orange County Review, "30th District Richmond Report," by Nick Freitas, July 19, 2017
- CNN, "Stewart announces 'vicious, ruthless' 2018 bid for Kaine's seat," by Grace Hauck and Liz Stark, July 13, 2017
- WVTF, "Meet the Candidates for Governor: Republican Corey Stewart," by Sandy Hausman, June 6, 2017
- Washington Blade, "Gubernatorial candidates make anti-trans comments," by Michael K. Lavers, April 5, 2017
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Corey Stewart: Abortion is a woman's unrestricted righ.
Nick Freitas: Blames abortion industry for broken homes & criminal society.
Budget & Economy|
Corey Stewart: Market-led recovery better than stimulus.
Nick Freitas: Budgets must come from a place of transparency and frugality.
Corey Stewart: 2017: praised Virginia decision to secede during Civil War.
Corey Stewart: Strongly supports traditional marriage.
Corey Stewart: Unfair to condemn only white nationalists.
Corey Stewart: Transgenderism is despicable.
Nick Freitas: Lower corporate taxes will trickle down to workers.
Nick Freitas: Will fight for tax reform that limits red tape on business.
Corey Stewart: Stricter punishment for violent crimes.
Nick Freitas: Environmentally-friendly hemp could be a money maker crop.
Nick Freitas: Treatment for drug addicts and more rehab centers.
Corey Stewart: Marijuana decriminalization but not legalization.
Corey Stewart: Vouchers for school choice.
Nick Freitas: Wants Common Core out of the educational system.
Energy & Oil|
Corey Stewart: Climate accord regulations are nonsensical.
Corey Stewart: Fight EPA regulatory over-reach.
Families & Children|
Nick Freitas: Families start before birth and everyone has worth.
Corey Stewart: Support American Exceptionalism.
Corey Stewart: Free trade only if the US is being treated fairly.
Nick Freitas: Use originalism to faithfully interpret Constitutional text.
Mark Warner: Support assault weapons ban plus background checks.
Corey Stewart: Absolute right to gun ownership.
Nick Freitas: Unapologetic firm supporter of 2nd Amendment rights.
Corey Stewart: Oppose ObamaCare.
Nick Freitas: Wants all government restrictions taken out of health care.
Corey Stewart: Full repeal of ObamaCare.
Corey Stewart: Expand the military.
Nick Freitas: Help our veterans with reentry into civilian life.
Corey Stewart: Oppose pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens.
Nick Freitas: Supports stronger borders and a merit-based entry policy.
Principles & Values|
Corey Stewart: Keep God in the public sphere.
Nick Freitas: First and foremost a Christian, for liberty and equality.
Corey Stewart: The wealthy are already disproportionately taxed.
Nick Freitas: Government barriers to expanding technology must be stopped.
War & Peace|
Corey Stewart: Avoid foreign entanglements.
Welfare & Poverty|
Nick Freitas: Cites welfare handouts as major reason for family breakdown.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Corey Stewart Republican candidate for Virginia U.S. Senator Virginia
- Mark Warner Virginia Former Democratic Governor (2002-2006); elected Senator 2008
- Nick Freitas Republican candidate for Virginia U. S. Senator Virginia
The above quotations are from 2018 Virginia Senate race: debates and news coverage.