Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Nevada Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 NV Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Adam Laxalt (24) Nevada Republican candidate for governor of Nevada
- Brian Sandoval (1) Nevada Republican Governor
- Dan Schwartz (16) Nevada Republican candidate for governor
- Jared Fisher (14) Nevada Republican candidate for Nevada Governor
- Steve Sisolak (21) Nevada Democratic candidate for Nevada Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Nevada 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Reno News & Review, "He's doing it again," Mar 8, 2018
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, "Sisolak attacks group for helping pregnant women," by Victor Joecks, Feb. 27, 2018
- Reno Gazette-Journal, "A political survey from the 90s has come back to haunt Sisolak," by James DeHaven, Jan. 29, 2018
- The Nevada Independent, "'I campaign in prose': On the trail with Dan Schwartz," by Michelle Rindels, January 21, 2018
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, "Laxalt makes Nevada governor bid official," by Colton Lochhead, November 1, 2017
- The Nevada Independent, "Stances of gubernatorial candidate Dan Schwartz," by Jackie Valley & Michelle Rindels, Sept. 6, 2017
- The Nevada Independent, "Schwartz, Nevada's maverick treasurer, jumps into governor's race," by Michelle Rindels, Sept. 5, 2017
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, "DOJ finds no evidence that Clark County is ‘sanctuary' community," By Wesley Juhl and Michael Scott Davidson, August 4, 2017
- Concord Monitor, "Sununu's position on transgender Granite Staters is dangerous," by Ray Buckley, August 04, 2017
- Las Vegas Sun, "Obamacare repeal effort endangers progress made at Las Vegas public hospital," by April Corbin, July 31, 2017
- Las Vegas Sun, "Clark County mulls control board to keep marijuana businesses in line," by April Corbin, July 19, 2017
- Los Angeles Times, "Message for Nevada: Don't be California," by David Montero, July 12, 2017
- Nevada Appeal, "Treasurer Schwartz calls for corporate income tax," by Geoff Dornan, August 31, 2016
- Bicycling.com, "Bike shop owner riding for governor", 6/2/2017
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, "Laxalt opposes measure to legalize pot," by Sandra Chereb, August 25, 2016
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Adam Laxalt: Look into repealing NV abortion rights law.
Steve Sisolak: Fund Planned Parenthood; leave decision to women.
Jared Fisher: Pro-life because pregnancy involves two persons.
Adam Laxalt: Support crisis pregnancy center to help mothers choose life.
Dan Schwartz: Don't stop abortions but don't pay for them either.
Budget & Economy|
Dan Schwartz: Tax abatements are not needed to entice new business.
Adam Laxalt: Religious right of no business with gay couples.
Steve Sisolak: Strong gay rights supporter.
Jared Fisher: Treat LGBTQ like others; and some gender-neutral bathrooms.
Adam Laxalt: 1996: opposed same-sex marriage; 2018: supports equality.
Dan Schwartz: Support women by seeking a female running mate.
Dan Schwartz: Bringing in high tech business will help increase paychecks.
Adam Laxalt: Remove barriers to job creation and business expansion.
Jared Fisher: Too many regulations work as roadblocks for business growth.
Dan Schwartz: Replace commerce tax with broad-based corporate income tax.
Steve Sisolak: Ease cash bail requirements to reduce incarceration.
Adam Laxalt: Did not seek to allow marijuana business banking.
Steve Sisolak: Fight federal intrusion into state marijuana industry.
Adam Laxalt: Wait-and-see on legalizing banking for legalized marijuana.
Adam Laxalt: 1996: opposed medical marijuana; 2018: decriminalization.
Steve Sisolak: Nevada should set gold standard for legal pot.
Adam Laxalt: Opposes legalization of possession of 1 ounce of marijuana.
Adam Laxalt: Supported voucher-style Education Savings Accounts.
Steve Sisolak: Don't divert funds from public schools to private schools.
Dan Schwartz: Parents need to have choices in school selections.
Energy & Oil|
Adam Laxalt: End costly and burdensome mandates on energy providers.
Steve Sisolak: Climate change poses a direct threat to our communities.
Dan Schwartz: Enthusiast for the future of renewable wind & solar energy.
Jared Fisher: Clean energy means jobs.
Jared Fisher: Renewable energy makes economic sense.
Jared Fisher: Teddy Roosevelt environmentalist: Explore new frontiers.
Jared Fisher: Eco-tourism promotes economy AND outdoor recreation.
Jared Fisher: Republican voters care about environment.
Families & Children|
Adam Laxalt: Opposed Obama's stricter overtime rules.
Steve Sisolak: Require companies to provide paid sick time.
Adam Laxalt: Enforce current laws; no new laws to fight sexual harassment.
Dan Schwartz: Bring in out-of-state business but no overseas missions.
Dan Schwartz: Picture ID as requirement to voting.
Jared Fisher: Governor must lead with accountability & transparency.
Dan Schwartz: Expand state background checks because people voted for it.
Steve Sisolak: Expand state background checks without involving Feds.
Steve Sisolak: Outspoken gun control advocate since Las Vegas shooting.
Adam Laxalt: Firearm restrictions not effective in reducing gun violence.
Steve Sisolak: Ban silencers, bump stocks, and assault weapons.
Jared Fisher: Second Amendment represents freedom & our American heritage.
Steve Sisolak: I'll take on the NRA and I'll take on Donald Trump.
Adam Laxalt: Don't expand state background checks unless FBI participates.
Adam Laxalt: 1996: supported gun rights; 2018: supports gun control.
Dan Schwartz: Implement voter-approved expanded background checks.
Adam Laxalt: ObamaCare is most flawed piece of legislation ever endured.
Steve Sisolak: Do everything we can to maintain healthcare coverage.
Jared Fisher: Free market achieves both affordable AND effective care.
Adam Laxalt: Bash ObamaCare, but unclear on where healthcare is headed.
Dan Schwartz: Healthcare should be an economic right for all citizens.
Steve Sisolak: ObamaCare has helped those in need.
Brian Sandoval: Defy Trump's bad on transgendered people in military.
Dan Schwartz: We need a hard look at military spending to find excesses.
Adam Laxalt: Don't expand DACA to cover parents of DREAMer kids.
Steve Sisolak: Workable pathway to citizenship for law-abiding immigrants.
Steve Sisolak: Double headline - Already Done.
Adam Laxalt: Stop illegal immigration & stop sanctuary states.
Dan Schwartz: Empathy for DACA targets, wants them part of immigration law.
Steve Sisolak: Not a sanctuary county; we are in compliance with ICE.
Adam Laxalt: Do not raise minimum wage; that hurts workers.
Steve Sisolak: Raise minimum wage to $10, but $15 is too much.
Principles & Values|
Adam Laxalt: Son of Sen. Pete Domenici; grandson of Gov. Paul Laxalt.
Jared Fisher: Master of time management: time is our greatest asset.
Jared Fisher: Started renewable-energy-based tourism business.
Adam Laxalt: Committed to not raising taxes on anybody.
Steve Sisolak: Supported commerce tax; supports property tax increase.
Jared Fisher: Cement our reputation as pro-business, tax-friendly state.
Dan Schwartz: Spending to increase revenue would justify raising taxes.
Steve Sisolak: Preserve Net Neutrality (equal access to internet).
Dan Schwartz: Investment in infrastructure can bring in high paying jobs.
Welfare & Poverty|
Adam Laxalt: Develop new affordable housing without tax funding.
Steve Sisolak: Expedited permitting for affordable housing.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Adam Laxalt Nevada Republican candidate for governor of Nevada
- Brian Sandoval Nevada Republican Governor
- Dan Schwartz Nevada Republican candidate for governor
- Jared Fisher Nevada Republican candidate for Nevada Governor
- Steve Sisolak Nevada Democratic candidate for Nevada Governor
The above quotations are from 2018 Nevada Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2017-18 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)