Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 New Hampshire Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 NH Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Chris Sununu (3) New Hampshire Republican challenger for Governor
- Jeanne Shaheen (1) New Hampshire Former Democratic Governor (1997-2000); elected Senator 2008
- Jilletta Jarvis (3) New Hampshire Libertarian candidate for governor of New Hampshire
- Molly Kelly (18) New Hampshire Democratic candidate for governor of New Hampshire
- Steve Marchand (16) New Hampshire Democratic candidate for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
New Hampshire 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Concord Monitor, "Where Democrats Kelly & Marchand stand on the issues," by Paul Steinhauser, Sep. 3, 2018
- WMUR, "Where 2018 Democratic candidates for governor stand on the issues," by Adam Sexton, Sept. 3, 2018
- WMUR Manchester, "Where 2018 Libertarian candidates for governor stand on the issues", Aug 20, 2018
- WMUR, "Governor says Canada plays an integral role in NH economy," by John DiStaso, Mar 5, 2018
- Concord Monitor, "Sununuís position on transgender Granite Staters is dangerous," by Ray Buckley, Aug. 4, 2017
- N.H. Journal, "Q&A with Democratic Gubernatorial Candidate Steve Marchand", April 24, 2017, by Kyle Plantz
- NHPR.org, New Hampshire Public Radio, "Marchand On His Run For Governor," by Brady Carlson, June 4, 2016
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Molly Kelly: Supports abortion rights and is backed by Planned Parenthood.
Steve Marchand: Proudly pro-choice.
Molly Kelly: One of the first legislators to vote for marriage equality.
Chris Sununu: No personal opinion on equal transgender rights.
Molly Kelly: Put an end to the tax breaks for wealthy corporations.
Molly Kelly: Cancel business tax breaks; but against sales or income tax.
Steve Marchand: Cancel business tax breaks; but against sales or income tax.
Molly Kelly: Help opioid users recover & rebuild.
Steve Marchand: Suite of services to those in midst of opioid recovery.
Steve Marchand: Legalize marijuana; tax it and regulate it.
Steve Marchand: Fully fund drug courts & rehab instead of incarceration.
Steve Marchand: Marijuana is not a gateway drug to other drugs.
Molly Kelly: Veto any effort to take money away from public schools.
Molly Kelly: Freeze college tuition and lower it as well.
Steve Marchand: NH should offer state funding for pre-K, like most states.
Steve Marchand: $5M for debt-free college in needed programs.
Steve Marchand: Prioritize public school districts and we will see results.
Energy & Oil|
Steve Marchand: Gas tax isn't ideal, but use it for infrastructure.
Molly Kelly: Make fishing & tourism industries safe from oil spills.
Families & Children|
Molly Kelly: Supports and will sign for paid family and medical leave.
Jilletta Jarvis: Family & medical leave is insolvent even when mandatory.
Steve Marchand: Make NH the best state to start a family & start a business.
Chris Sununu: Opposes tariffs on steel and aluminum imports.
Jeanne Shaheen: Opposes tariffs on steel and aluminum imports.
Molly Kelly: Wants real campaign finance reform; no corporate donations.
Molly Kelly: End voter suppression; end corporate campaign contributions.
Steve Marchand: Public funding of elections.
Molly Kelly: Advocates universal background checks and more gun controls.
Steve Marchand: Supports permits, background checks, and no big changes.
Molly Kelly: Backed Medicaid expansion; opposes efforts to limit access.
Molly Kelly: Take care of the veterans and meet their needs.
Chris Sununu: Transgendered people in military ok.
Molly Kelly: Strongly opposes Trump's immigration and border law changes.
Steve Marchand: Aggressively pursue pro-immigration policies.
Molly Kelly: Recognize and value the contributions of older workers.
Molly Kelly: Raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour.
Jilletta Jarvis: Reduce occupational license requirements.
Principles & Values|
Steve Marchand: Socially very progressive and fiscally very responsible.
Steve Marchand: No sales tax; no income tax; reduce property tax.
Molly Kelly: Supports raising gas tax to fund infrastructure repairs.
Jilletta Jarvis: Private commuter rail ok, but not state-funded.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Chris Sununu New Hampshire Republican challenger for Governor
- Jeanne Shaheen New Hampshire Former Democratic Governor (1997-2000); elected Senator 2008
- Jilletta Jarvis New Hampshire Libertarian candidate for governor of New Hampshire
- Molly Kelly New Hampshire Democratic candidate for governor of New Hampshire
- Steve Marchand New Hampshire Democratic candidate for Governor
The above quotations are from 2018 New Hampshire Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2017-18 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)