Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Florida Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 FL Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Adam Putnam (16) Florida Republican candidate for Florida Governor
- Andrew Gillum (11) Florida Democratic candidate for Governor
- Delaine Eastin (1) California Democratic candidate for Governor
- Gwen Graham (1) Florida Democratic candidate for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Florida 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- CNN, "Candidate says Medicare for all requires corporate tax increase," by Maegan Vazquez, Sep.2, 2018
- Orlando Sentinel, "Florida governor's race: Where DeSantis & Gillum stand," by Gray Rohrer, 8/31/18
- Tampa Bay Times, "Who is Philip Levine?", by Steve Contorno, Aug 22, 2018
- Tampa Bay Times, "2018 Florida voter guide," by Langston Taylor, Jul. 26, 2018
- The Metro, "Florida governor signs gun-safety bill after school shooting," by Jonathan Allen, March 09, 2018
- WCTV, "Gillum meets with faith leaders over lunch," by Mariel Carbone, Aug 30, 2017
- Florida Politics, "Putnam urges education focus on today's jobs," by Scott Powers, Aug. 23, 2017
- Palm Beach Post, "Putnam pitches land deals to protect state's military bases," by Jim Turner, Aug. 8, 2017
- Tallahassee Democrat op-ed, "When will we ask, 'How are the children?'," by Andrew Gillum, July 29, 2017
- Florida Politics op-ed, "Andrew Gillum: Florida must take reins," July 27, 2017
- Politico.com, "Gillum fends off questions about use of city email," by Matt Dixon, 5/31/2017
- Politico.com, "Train wreck education bill," by Marc Caputo and Jessica Bakeman, 5/24/2017
- Florida Today, "Tallahassee mayor: Florida governor candidate," 4/18/2017
- The Florida Squeeze, "Prevent the Californication of Florida," by Kartik Krishnaiyer, 4/16/2017
- Tampa Bay Times, "Gwen Graham will have some explaining to do," by Adam C. Smith, April 4, 2017
- Tallahassee Democrat, "Gillum running for governor in 2018," by Jeff Burlew, Feb. 28, 2017
- Sunshine State News, "A New Twist on Abortion Debate," by Jim Saunders and Jim Turner, 2/9/17
- Orlando Sentinel, "Op-ed by Adam Putnam," 1/4/17
- FloridaPolitics.com, "Energy independence and transportation," by A.G. Gancarski, Dec. 15, 2016
- Sunshine State News, "Trump poses conundrum," 4/2/16
- WJXT-Channel 4, News4jax.com, "Offensive to American values," 12/8/15
- FLchamber.com, "Agriculture commissioner Putnam", 10/1/2014
- Miami Herald, "Gov. Rick Scott signs 94 bills into law," by Michael Van Sickler, 6/13/14
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Adam Putnam: Don't make Florida into California & their debt.
Andrew Gillum: Take down Confederate monuments.
Adam Putnam: Cut regulations & taxes for farms & businesses.
Andrew Gillum: Corporate tax cuts can create jobs, support training.
Andrew Gillum: Restorative justice programs to reduce teen recidivism.
Andrew Gillum: Focus on opioid epidemic as medical issue.
Adam Putnam: Opposes marijuana legalization as a gateway drug.
Adam Putnam: More emphasis on technical training, not college.
Adam Putnam: Parental control of education, not state or federal.
Adam Putnam: Urges veto of school choice bill.
Energy & Oil|
Adam Putnam: Florida positioned to beˇoilˇhubˇfor energy independence.
Adam Putnam: Unravel the EPA mess; it kills jobs & increases costs.
Andrew Gillum: Limit corporate money in campaigns.
Andrew Gillum: Favors strong gun laws.
Adam Putnam: Expanded concealed weapon licenses program; largest in US.
Andrew Gillum: Operation Safe Neighborhood: community crime watch.
Gwen Graham: Apply ObamaCare to full-time workers, not 30 hours per week.
Adam Putnam: Use conservation money to protect military bases.
Adam Putnam: Make Florida the most military friendly & vet friendly state.
Andrew Gillum: Protect Dreamers from end of DACA.
Adam Putnam: Opposed anti-immigrant laws that might affect workers.
Adam Putnam: Muslim ban is offensive to American values.
Principles & Values|
Delaine Eastin: Religious-political dialogue good.
Andrew Gillum: Served a decade on City Commission and as Tallahassee mayor.
Adam Putnam: Opposes a "kayak tax" on non-motorized boats.
Andrew Gillum: Digital Harmony Project: computers & internet for schoolkids.
Adam Putnam: Get Fed money for infrastructure for roads.
Welfare & Poverty|
Andrew Gillum: Public/private program gets youth on right track.
Adam Putnam: Weeding out fraudulent charities.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Adam Putnam Florida Republican candidate for Florida Governor
- Andrew Gillum Florida Democratic candidate for Governor
- Delaine Eastin California Democratic candidate for Governor
- Gwen Graham Florida Democratic candidate for Governor
The above quotations are from 2018 Florida Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2017-18 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)