Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Congressional race endorsements
2018 House endorsement press releases:
- MS-3: Pro-Life Caucus press release, "Congressman Michael Guest Joins Pro-Life Caucus," 1/17/2019
- IA-4: Sioux City Journal, "Steve King should resign," by the Journal editorial board 1/15/19
- VA-7 and MI-11: National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare (NCPSSM.org), "Seniors Advocacy Group Endorses Five New Social Security & Medicare Champions," 10/17/2018
- CA-48: League of Conservation Voters, "LCV Action Fund Endorses Harley Rouda for Congress," by Holly Burke, 10/12/2018
- MI-9: HRC Michigan, "Human Rights Campaign Endorses Andy Levin for U.S. Congress," September 28, 2018
- FL-27: League of Conservation Voters, “LCV Action Fund Endorses Donna Shalala For Congress,” by Holly Burke, 9/13/2018
- NJ-3: National Committee to Preserve Social Security & Medicare, "Letter of Endorsement for Andy Kim" by Max Richtman, 8/29/2018
- NY-19: NARAL Pro-Choice America, "NARAL Endorses Antonio Delgado for Congress", 8/17/2018
- NJ-3: League of Conservation Voters, "LCV Action Fund endorses Andy Kim For Congress" by Holly Burke, 8/3/2018
- NY-22: League of Conservation Voters, "NY LCV endorses Anthony Brindisi for Congress," by Holly Burke, 7/31/2018
- SC-4: Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions, "Press release: endorsement of William Timmons," 04/25/18
- NY-22: City & State New York, "Giffords-endorsed Anthony Brindisi has a 100% rating from the NRA", by Rebecca C. Lewis, 3/28/2018
- NC-9: League of Conservation Voters, "LCV Action Fund Endorses Dan McCready for Congress," by Craig Auster, March 14, 2018
- NY-22: NARAL Pro-Choice America, "Brindisi Earns Endorsement as a 'Man for Choice", March 2, 2018
- TX-16 & TX-29: NARAL Pro-Choice America, "Candidates Earn Endorsement from Nation's Leading Pro-Choice Advocacy Group," 2/28/2018
- TX-29: Environment Texas, "Environment Texas Endorses Sylvia Garcia for Congress," 2/20/2018
- MI-8: Human Rights Campaign, "HRC Endorses Elissa Slotkin for Congress," by Ianthe Metzger, 1/23/2018
- SC-6 and SC-1: South Carolina Equality endorses incumbent Jim Clyburn and challenger Joe Cunningham, www.EqualMeansEveryone.org
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Ron Wright: Opposes Planned Parenthood; endorsed by Texas Right to Life.
Greg Steube: A rating from Florida Right to Life.
Rashida Tlaib: Endorsed by NARAL Pro-Choice America.
Antonio Delgado: Delgado receives NARAL endorsement for congressional race.
Troy Balderson: 100% pro-life voting record; no tax dollars for abortions.
Anthony Brindisi: Champion of reproductive freedom: a "Man for Choice".
Joe Biden: Endorsed diverse slate of candidates for Congress.
James Clyburn: Voted for Hate Crimes Act & to repeal Don't Ask, Don't Tell.
Joe Cunningham: Pass Equality Act to give LGBTQ community equal protection.
Andy Levin: Will work to end discrimination against LGBT+ people.
Ilhan Omar: Fight for the liberation of our LGBTQ community.
Elissa Slotkin: Important LGBTQ progress must be defended and advanced.
Dusty Johnson: Support federal drug courts & treatment for opioids.
Energy & Oil|
Dusty Johnson: Applauded by Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions.
Joe Neguse: Climate change is the existential crisis of our time.
Andy Kim: We must be leaders in transition to green economy.
Harley Rouda: Protecting planet & economic growth can be jointly achieved.
Guy Reschenthaler: Supported Libre's Law: increased penalties for animal abuse.
Anthony Brindisi: Consistent advocate of renewables, environmental protection.
William Timmons: Develop alternative forms of energy such as solar and wind.
Dan McCready: Environmental protection is a moral imperative.
Dusty Johnson: Impose a "reasonable regulatory environment".
Rashida Tlaib: Endorsed by Foreign Policy for America for world engagement.
Paulette Jordan: She'll fight to stop corporate money silencing honest votes.
Greg Steube: More pro-gun bills than any Florida legislator.
Ross Spano: NRA congratulates Spano on re-election & pro-gun record.
Jennifer Wexton: Endorsed by the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence.
Anthony Brindisi: Received 100% NRA rating; opponent of NY gun control laws.
Michael Waltz: Endorsed by veterans group "With Honor".
Kim Schrier: Endorsed by largest unions; supports card check legislation.
Dave Brat: Major cuts to Social Security and Medicare.
Haley Stevens: Fight any attempt at Social Security privatization.
Andy Kim: Supports Social Security and its role for the elderly.
Lori Trahan: Work with state and local government to fund infrastructure.
The above quotations are from 2018 Congressional race endorsements.
Special coverage of "Blue Wave" states:
CA: 7 new House members including 6 Democrats and 5 Democratic takeovers
FL: 5 new House members including 2 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers
MI: 5 new House members including 4 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers
MN: 5 new House members including 3 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers (and 1 Republican takeover!)
NJ: 4 new House members including 4 Democrats and 3 Democratic takeovers
NY: 4 new House members including 4 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers
PA: 7 new House members including 4 Democrats and 4 Democratic takeovers (with statewide redistricting)
TX: 10 new House members including 4 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers
VA: 5 new House members including 3 Democrats and 3 Democratic takeovers
Endorsements: Organizational endorsements of new House members, from groups that focus on one issue
All other states: 51 new House members including 17 Democratic takeovers
Conclusion: the "Blue Wave" means Democrats took over Congress but the rest is media hype.