Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
CNN "State of the Union" interviews during 2018
(Jake Tapper interviewing candidates for 2018-2020 races)
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from CNN "State of the Union" interviews during 2018 (number of quotes indicated):
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (5) Democrat U.S. Rep New York- 14
- Andrew Gillum (2) Florida Democratic candidate for governor of Florida
- Bernie Sanders (4) Democratic Presidential candidate
- Beto O`Rourke (2) Democratic Challenger for TX Senator Texas
- Brian Kemp (1) Georgia Republican candidate for Governor
- Chrissy Houlahan (1) Democrat U.S. Rep Pennsylvania- 6
- Christine Hallquist (1) Vermont Democratic candidate for governor of Vermont
- Corey Stewart (1) Republican candidate for Virginia U.S. Senator Virginia
- Dan Crenshaw (1) Republican U.S. Rep Texas- 2
- Dan McCready (1) Democrat U.S. Rep North Carolina- 9
- Don Blankenship (2) Republican candidate for West Virginia U. S. Senator West Virginia
- Donald Trump (1) Republican Presidential candidate
- Gerry Connolly (1) Democrat U.S. Rep Virginia-11
- Jeff Flake (1) Republican Challenger (retiring) Arizona
- Joe Arpaio (1) Republican Candidate for Arizona U. S. Senator Arizona
- John Kasich (4) Ohio Republican Governor
- Kamala Harris (1) Democratic Senate candidate California
- Marco Rubio (2) FL Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Mark Harris (1) Republican U.S. Rep North Carolina- 9
- Paul LePage (1) Maine Republican Governor
- Rick Santorum (1) Republican Presidential candidate
- Rick Scott (1) Florida Republican Governor
- Ron Johnson (1) Republican Sr Senator Wisconsin
- Stacey Abrams (5) Georgia Democratic candidate for Governor
- Tim Kaine (2) Virginia Democratic Nominee for Vice President
- Tom Steyer (2) Possible Democratic candidate for President from California
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
A long-standing political tradition is the Sunday morning talk show,
beginning with "Meet the Press" in 1947.
Currently, five separate "talking head" programs appear on five different TV stations every Sunday morning.
OnTheIssues.org excerpts all five of the shows, listed below, with their respective interviewing pundits and each pundit's political affiliation:
- ABC This Week: (Martha Raddatz & George Stephanopoulos; liberal; from Bill Clinton's staff)
- CNN "State of the Union": (Jake Tapper and Dana Bash; moderate liberal)
- Fox News Sunday: (Chris Wallace and Bret Baier; conservative)
- Meet the Press: (Chuck Todd; moderate)
- CBS Face the Nation: (Margaret Brennan and John Dickerson; moderate)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Kamala Harris: Calling it "identity politics" marginalizes our issues.
Rick Santorum: I don't like dividing America along racial or class lines.
Paul LePage: Confederate monuments are about a war for land.
Andrew Gillum: Raise corporate taxes from 5.5% to 7.75%.
Christine Hallquist: Address racial bias in criminal justice system.
Joe Arpaio: Convicted for a decade of racial-profiling practices.
Donald Trump: Death penalty for drug dealers.
Ron Johnson: Death penalty for drug dealers.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Tuition-free college spurs economic activity by millennials.
Energy & Oil|
Marco Rubio: Address rising sea levels by using natural gas & nuclear.
Marco Rubio: Solar panels are not realistic; focus on mitigation.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Government inaction caused 3,000 deaths in Hurricane Maria.
Don Blankenship: Soft on China if one is related to a "Chinaperson".
Don Blankenship: Double headline - Already Done.
John Kasich: Engage the world, instead of acting unilaterally.
Gerry Connolly: Investigate election fraud in NC-9 district race.
Brian Kemp: 1.5 million voters removed from the voting rolls.
Jeff Flake: Block judicial appointments until special counsel protected.
Stacey Abrams: Deliberate interference & disenfranchisement in `18 election.
Stacey Abrams: Disenfranchisement was death by 1,000 cuts.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Puerto Ricans suffer neglect from not having a federal vote.
Stacey Abrams: AR-15s are not necessary on our streets.
John Kasich: Significant changes, while we protect the Second Amendment.
Tim Kaine: Background checks get bipartisan support after marches.
Rick Scott: Don't ban AR-15s; fully automatic weapons already illegal.
Stacey Abrams: Medicaid expansion for reduced cost & preexisting conditions.
Stacey Abrams: Paying for uncompensated care brings money back.
Bernie Sanders: Don't let Republicans do away with preexisting protection.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Medicare-for-All saves money; an investment for our future.
Andrew Gillum: Medicare-for-All, paid $1B restoration of corporate tax cuts.
Bernie Sanders: Negotiate Medicare prices stop outrageous pharma ripoffs.
Corey Stewart: Full repeal of ObamaCare.
Chrissy Houlahan: Respect for vets means Trump shows up on Veterans Day.
Dan Crenshaw: What veterans need is a clear mission & resources to do it.
Bernie Sanders: CIA torture policy means US service members get tortured too.
Beto O`Rourke: End the inhumane & un-American practice of family separation.
Beto O`Rourke: No 2,000-mile, 30-foot-high, $30 billion wall.
Bernie Sanders: Provide legal status to the 1.8 million DREAMers.
Tim Kaine: DREAMers & DACA saved by executive order, not Congress.
Principles & Values|
Dan McCready: Lost 2018 election by 905 votes, but NC investigating fraud.
Mark Harris: Won 2018 election by 905 votes, but NC investigating fraud.
Tom Steyer: Trump & GOP systematically break the law & democratic norms.
Tom Steyer: Majority of Americans want Trump impeached and removed.
John Kasich: The press is a critical foundation of freedom--not the enemy.
John Kasich: I didn't leave the Republican Party; it left me.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Systemic neglect in Puerto Rico: Full FEMA resources needed.
The above quotations are from CNN "State of the Union" interviews during 2018
(Jake Tapper interviewing candidates for 2018-2020 races).