Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Survey of 2017 Gubernatorial campaign websites
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Gubernatorial campaign websites (number of quotes indicated):
- Frank Wagner (4) Virginia Republican
- Jack Ciattarelli (5) New Jersey Republican
- Joe Rullo (8) New Jersey Republican
- Kim Guadagno (5) New Jersey Republican candidate for Governor
- Luther Strange (7) Republican candidate for Alabama U.S. Senator Alabama
- Mike Johnston (3) Colorado Democratic candidate for Governor
- Phil Murphy (20) New Jersey Democratic 2017 Gubernatorial nominee
- Ralph Northam (2) Virginia Democratic 2017 Gubernatorial candidate
- Tom Perriello (2) Virginia Democratic candidate for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Phil Murphy: Support funding for Planned Parenthood.
Luther Strange: No compromise in the defense of the rights of the unborn.
Budget & Economy|
Ralph Northam: Cut spending by $4.6 billion to keep our budget balanced.
Jack Ciattarelli: 5% to 10% reduction in the state government workforce.
Phil Murphy: Equal pay for equal work by gender.
Phil Murphy: Expand anti-discrimination protections for LGBTQ individuals.
Kim Guadagno: Work with businesses to cut state regulations in half.
Frank Wagner: Overly-burdensome regulations hinder job creation.
Jack Ciattarelli: 10-year phase out of the corporate business tax.
Phil Murphy: For-profit prison industry targets communities of color.
Mike Johnston: Additional reporting transparency about police incidents.
Luther Strange: Assist crime victims by protesting pardons & parole.
Phil Murphy: Addiction is an illness, & treatable with right resources.
Joe Rullo: Make it a living hell for heroin dealers in NJ.
Luther Strange: Applaud the "Zero Meth" campaign.
Phil Murphy: High stakes, high stress standardized tests must end.
Phil Murphy: Our public schools are part of what makes this state great.
Phil Murphy: Can't get economy right without getting higher ed right.
Kim Guadagno: Merit pay for teachers; school choice for parents.
Frank Wagner: Support rights of parents who choose to homeschool.
Jack Ciattarelli: Limit aid to overfunded school districts.
Joe Rullo: Stop saddling parents and students with Common Core.
Joe Rullo: Merge roles of school superintendents and administrators.
Mike Johnston: Teachers are the solution; tenure is the problem.
Mike Johnston: Harlem charter schools are a success.
Energy & Oil|
Phil Murphy: Rejoin Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative.
Ralph Northam: Restrict offshore oil and gas drilling off Virginia coast.
Joe Rullo: Repeal the 23-cent gas tax.
Phil Murphy: Protect Jersey Shore from oil & Pinelands' open space.
Families & Children|
Phil Murphy: Guarantee earned sick leave statewide.
Phil Murphy: Automatic voter registration, online, and same-day.
Luther Strange: Pursue anti-voter fraud legislative initiatives.
Phil Murphy: Gun violence epidemic is a public health crisis.
Joe Rullo: Goal is concealed carry without justifiable need.
Luther Strange: Special place in Alabamian's hearts for the 2nd Amendment.
Phil Murphy: Fight for-profit right-wing agenda to gut ObamaCare.
Jack Ciattarelli: Discontinue ObamaCare Cadillac health insurance plans.
Luther Strange: ObamaCare is an egregious assaults on liberty.
Phil Murphy: Focus Veterans agency on mental health & employment support.
Kim Guadagno: Head of the Military Growth Task Force.
Joe Rullo: Eliminate state income taxes on all veterans' pensions.
Phil Murphy: Oppose efforts to use police to assist in mass deportations.
Tom Perriello: Welcome immigrants; they make up 1 in 9 Virginians.
Tom Perriello: Commonsense policies for immigrants like drivers licenses.
Joe Rullo: Eliminate sanctuary cities across NJ.
Luther Strange: Tough new laws for Mexican drug cartels & human trafficking.
Phil Murphy: Raise minimum wage to $15 an hour.
Phil Murphy: Divest NJ pension fund from private equity.
Jack Ciattarelli: Limit retirement pensions for public retirees.
Phil Murphy: Wealthiest 1% pay far lower share of taxes.
Frank Wagner: We need income tax for programs and AAA bond rating.
Kim Guadagno: High state property taxes drive businesses to other states.
Joe Rullo: Reduce property taxes; repeal gas tax; veto new taxes.
Phil Murphy: Invest to restore NJ's place as leader in innovation economy.
Kim Guadagno: Infrastructure plan without gas tax or toll increases.
Frank Wagner: Fight for funds necessary for transportation system.
The above quotations are from Survey of 2017 Gubernatorial campaign websites.
2017-18 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)