Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2016 North Dakota Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2016 ND Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Doug Burgum (13) North Dakota Republican candidate for Governor
- Jack Dalrymple (1) North Dakota Republican Governor
- Marvin Nelson (8) North Dakota Democratic candidate for Governor
- Rick Becker (5) North Dakota Republican 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
- Wayne Stenehjem (10) North Dakota Republican 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
North Dakota Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- KFYR-TV, "Nelson in Minot," by Joe Skurzewski, Aug. 12, 2016
- YouTube.com, "Refugees: Marvin Nelson Interview", by Chamber Six Media, July 13th, 2016
- Grand Forks Herald, "Marvin Nelson Q&A: The North Dakota Democrats' alternative", by Tom Dennis, June 25th, 2016
- Facebook post, "Marvin Nelson added 4 new photos from May 13 to the album: Bernie Sanders Rally.", on NelsonforNorthDakota, May 13th, 2016
- Breitbart.com, "North Dakota Gubernatorial Contender Would Consider Suing Feds Over Refugee Resettlement", by Michael Patrick Leahy, May 5th, 2016
- Emerging Prairie weblog, "Entrepreneurship", by Marisa Jackels, Apr 26, 2016
- The Dickinson Press, "Dickinson Mayor endorses", by Dustin Monke, April 20, 2016
- Bismarck Tribune, "Economic diversity highlights Republican gubernatorial debate", by Nick Smith, Mar 3, 2016
- Bismarck Tribune, "Stenehjem, Becker talk path forward", by Nick Smith, Feb 28, 2016
- Recode.net weblog, "Microsoft Exec", by Ina Fried, Jan. 31, 2016
- GrandForksHerald.com, "What Doug Burgum believes, with no pivots", by Rob Port, January 24th, 2016
- Grand Forks Herald, "OPEC ceding global swing status", by Reuters Media on June 19, 2015
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Rick Becker: Government's responsibility to protect human life.
Wayne Stenehjem: Exceptions for rape & incest, but sign other pro-life bills.
Doug Burgum: Support a ban on abortions for things like gender selection.
Budget & Economy|
Rick Becker: Submit smaller budgets when there are shortfalls.
Wayne Stenehjem: Rainy day funds and budget cuts work.
Wayne Stenehjem: Diversify our economy: drones, fertilizer, & infrastructure.
Doug Burgum: No discrimination because of sexual orientation.
Wayne Stenehjem: LGBT protection in housing & jobs, but religious freedom too.
Marvin Nelson: Supports Equal Pay for Equal Work.
Doug Burgum: Gay marriage is ok, but not running on social issues.
Doug Burgum: Economy of the future built on collaboration for innovation.
Doug Burgum: Founded software company at age 26; grew to 2,000 staff.
Rick Becker: Lower tax rates and eschew picking winners and losers.
Rick Becker: Picking winners & losers fails; lower taxes & get out of way.
Marvin Nelson: Asked attorney general to spend more time fighting crime.
Wayne Stenehjem: Launched state's sex offender website.
Doug Burgum: Opioid epidemic threatens our way of life.
Marvin Nelson: Invest in drug treatment, mental health, and drug courts.
Wayne Stenehjem: Warn of dangers of new opioid drugs; but help addicts too.
Rick Becker: Supports medical marijuana and legalized pot.
Wayne Stenehjem: Marijuana has no positives.
Wayne Stenehjem: Make drug enforcement a priority.
Marvin Nelson: Maintain investment in schools despite financial crunch.
Doug Burgum: Accelerate efforts to raise outcomes for all students.
Energy & Oil|
Marvin Nelson: Increase state research on global warming from $5M to $50M.
Wayne Stenehjem: Diversify economy with value-added energy and agriculture.
Doug Burgum: We are not running out of oil; we have a global surplus.
Jack Dalrymple: New safety rule: filter crude oil for dangerous types of gas.
Marvin Nelson: Invest in flood protection, even if we have to raise taxes.
Doug Burgum: Pledge to support term limits.
Doug Burgum: Obama has overreached on gun control.
Wayne Stenehjem: Questioned ObamaCare on constitutionality & carve-outs.
Doug Burgum: Pledge to oppose Obamacare.
Marvin Nelson: Refugees stimulate the economy but face hate in the US.
Marvin Nelson: Refugees stimulate the economy & face all the hate in the US.
Doug Burgum: Consider filing a lawsuit over refugee resettlement.
Doug Burgum: Shrink government and stop property tax hikes.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Doug Burgum North Dakota Republican candidate for Governor
- Jack Dalrymple North Dakota Republican Governor
- Marvin Nelson North Dakota Democratic candidate for Governor
- Rick Becker North Dakota Republican 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
- Wayne Stenehjem North Dakota Republican 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
The above quotations are from 2016 North Dakota Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2014-15 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)