Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2016 Florida Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2016 FL Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Alan Grayson (3) Democratic Senate candidate Florida
- Ann Kirkpatrick (1) Democratic Senate candidate Arizona
- Augustus Invictus (15) Republican Candidate for U.S. Senator (withdrew Dec. 2017) Florida
- Carlos Lopez-Cantera (6) Republican Senate Challenger Florida
- David Jolly (8) Republican Senate Challenger Florida
- Marco Rubio (3) FL Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Pam Keith (4) Democratic Senate candidate Florida
- Patrick Murphy (13) Democratic Senate candidate Florida
- Rocky De La Fuente (5) Alliance / Reform Party primary challenger
- Ron DeSantis (2) Florida Republican candidate for governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Florida Senate debates and race coverage:
- CBS Face the Nation, interview of Marco Rubio, 1/5/20
- Miami Herald, "Ex-senate candidate Augustus Invictus arrested on kidnapping warrant," by Colleen Wright, 1/1/20
- Ballotpedia.org, "Roque De La Fuente," review of 2016 website, www.rocky2016.com, 2019
- Tampa Bay Times, "Libertarian primary, Invictus v. Stanton", by Steve Bousquet, October 7, 2016
- Liberty hangout, "Docket No. 1776, Federal Government v. Augustus Sol Invictus," by TJ Roberts, May 28, 2016
- The Libertarian Republic, "Controversial Libertarian Senate Candidate," by Elias J. Atienza, April 1, 2016
- Washington Times, "Murphy Challenges Rubio to Support Gun Control," by Terrance Harris, August 4, 2016
- Marijuana.com, "Key Senate Races for Marijuana Reform," by Tom Angell on June 13th, 2016
- Rise Miami News, "Pam Keith: The Fresh Face in the Florida Senate Race," Aug. 13, 2015
- Politico.com, "Libertarian Party drama: Goat sacrifice & eugenics," by Marc Caputo, 10/1/2015
- Tampa Bay Times, "PolitiFact Florida: Carlos Lopez-Cantera and an Arizona-style immigration law", by Amy Sherman, July 26, 2015
- Tampa Bay Times, "Pam Keith: the U.S. Senate candidate you haven't heard of," by Kirby Wilson, July 21, 2015
- PolitiFact Florida, "Jolly's years as a lobbyist fed attacks during the 2014 special election", July 20, 2015
- Breitbart.com, "Cantera announces Senate run", by Javier Manjarres, July 18, 2015
- Miami Herald, "Campaign for Marco Rubio’s Senate seat", by Patricia Mazzei, July 15, 2015
- Sunshine State News, "Why African-Americans in Florida Should Never Vote for Patrick Murphy", by Leslie Wimes, May 25, 2015
- Miami New Times, "National Democratic Party Endorses Patrick Murphy for Senate", by Kyle Munzenrieder, May 4, 2015
- Project Vote Smart group ratings for Carlos Lopez-Cantera (2006-12)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Augustus Invictus: Leave abortion decisions to the states.
Budget & Economy|
Augustus Invictus: Fight for balanced budget & against Federal Reserve.
David Jolly: Balance the budget: morally bound and for national security.
Carlos Lopez-Cantera: As Lt. Governor: focus on job creation and tax reduction.
David Jolly: We've doubled our national debt in the last 8 years.
Augustus Invictus: Friends with white supremacists, but denies affiliation.
Marco Rubio: Men's bathrooms are for men & women's bathrooms for women.
Augustus Invictus: Who one marries is not the concern of the Government.
Pam Keith: Racists are sad aberrations, but they still exist.
Marco Rubio: Prove medical benefits to FDA before legalizing marijuana.
Patrick Murphy: Let states decide marijuana legalization.
Alan Grayson: Exempt high-CBD/low-THC medical marijuana from Drug War.
Patrick Murphy: Protect people complying with state marijuana laws from feds.
Augustus Invictus: Abolishing the DEA is a start to end war on drugs.
Rocky De La Fuente: Keep college graduates in Florida after graduation.
Patrick Murphy: Quality public education is best way to grow middle class.
Augustus Invictus: Enemy of Common Core and No Child Left Behind.
Energy & Oil|
Augustus Invictus: Find alternatives to dependence on foreign energy sources.
David Jolly: I support offshore drilling, but not off Florida's coasts.
Ron DeSantis: No delay on Keystone pipeline for security & safety study.
Rocky De La Fuente: We bear responsibility as stewards of our planet.
Patrick Murphy: Vital to Florida's future that we protect our environment.
Augustus Invictus: Respecting environment over business is a must.
Families & Children|
Augustus Invictus: Healthy relations between men and women: opposes deviancy.
Pam Keith: Don't live by fear; we're the most bad-ass nation.
Pam Keith: Born in Turkey; lived outside US for 9 years.
Carlos Lopez-Cantera: Defend democracy in Cuba, Venezuela, & Israel.
Carlos Lopez-Cantera: After Cuban "normalization," more beatings & more oppression.
David Jolly: Help create stability in regions where there is none.
David Jolly: Yes to Ex-im bank; No to fast-track.
Ron DeSantis: No to Ex-im bank; Yes to fast-track.
Patrick Murphy: Yes to Ex-im bank; No to fast-track.
David Jolly: OpEd AdWatch: Worked for lobbyists associated with Pakistan.
Patrick Murphy: Expand background checks; bar people on watch lists.
Augustus Invictus: Wants restoration of the Second Amendment.
Patrick Murphy: No civilian access to military-style assault weapons.
Patrick Murphy: More background checks: close the terrorist gun loophole.
Patrick Murphy: We can improve ObamaCare, but it has hugely positive impact.
Rocky De La Fuente: Address broken VA hospital system.
Augustus Invictus: Non-interventionism & no unconditional support to Israel.
Pam Keith: My military service exposed me to issues that we face.
Patrick Murphy: Voted with GOP for DoD bill that Obama vetoed.
Alan Grayson: Opposed $607 billion national defense bill.
Ann Kirkpatrick: Voted with GOP for DoD bill that Obama vetoed.
Alan Grayson: Allow administrative amnesty to some illegal aliens.
Rocky De La Fuente: We have a rich history of embracing immigrants.
Augustus Invictus: Screen immigrants for status and ISIS connections.
Carlos Lopez-Cantera: FactCheck: Supports E-Verify, but not racial profiling.
Rocky De La Fuente: Create more jobs, and create higher paying jobs.
Principles & Values|
Augustus Invictus: Libertarians are the party of peace & party of principle.
Patrick Murphy: OpEd: Angry black women should oppose party-choice Murphy.
Patrick Murphy: Former Republican; FL's most conservative House Democrat.
Carlos Lopez-Cantera: Preserve and protect Social Security and Medicare.
David Jolly: FactCheck: Discuss private accounts & other options too.
Augustus Invictus: Subsidies to ISPs are the internet's real problem.
War & Peace|
Marco Rubio: Imminent, credible threat obliges president to act.
Patrick Murphy: Air strikes against ISIS but no ground troops.
Augustus Invictus: Our foreign policies are interventionist.
David Jolly: Cancel Obama's Iran agreement and keep sanctions.
Carlos Lopez-Cantera: No nuclear deal with Iran; support preemptive strike.
The above quotations are from 2016 Florida Senate race: debates and news coverage.