Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Survey of 2015 Gubernatorial campaign websites
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Gubernatorial campaign websites (number of quotes indicated):
- David Vitter (9) Louisiana Republican 2015 Gubernatorial candidate
- Jack Conway (8) Kentucky Democratic 2015 Gubernatorial candidate
- Jay Dardenne (14) Louisiana Republican 2015 Gubernatorial candidate
- John Bel Edwards (1) Louisiana Democratic Governor
- Matt Bevin (6) Kentucky Republican Governor
- Phil Bryant (4) Mississippi Republican Governor
- Robert Gray (4) Mississippi Democratic 2015 Gubernatorial Nominee
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
David Vitter: Promote a positive culture of life.
Jack Conway: Same-sex marriage ban is last vestige of discrimination.
Phil Bryant: States' rights should stop gay marriage in Mississippi.
Jay Dardenne: Constitutional amendment against gay marriage.
John Bel Edwards: End tax giveaways but keep funding for first responders.
David Vitter: More community crime tips; more DNA testing; more options.
Jay Dardenne: Require DNA testing for criminals; focus on victims' rights.
David Vitter: Strengthen penalties against meth and heroin dealers.
Jack Conway: Fight prescription drug abuse; set up treatment centers.
Robert Gray: OpEd: more interested in legalizing hemp than cutting taxes.
Jay Dardenne: Common Core's high standards move LA in the right direction.
David Vitter: Get Louisiana out of Common Core.
Matt Bevin: End education monopoly with school choice and vouchers.
Robert Gray: Supports MAEP, the Mississippi Adequate Education Program.
Energy & Oil|
Jack Conway: Maintain low energy rates by protecting coal economy.
Matt Bevin: Fight against EPA's relentless attacks on the coal industry.
Jack Conway: Fight the EPA's burdensome regulations.
Jay Dardenne: His 1989 flood protection ordinance prevented storm damage.
Jay Dardenne: Chairs Wetland Foundation's Resilient Communities forums.
Jay Dardenne: Tighten disclosure rules for lobbyists, to limit influence.
David Vitter: Led and won the fight for state term limits.
Jay Dardenne: 2006: Worked with other states to prevent voter fraud.
Jay Dardenne: Championed increased early voting sites and hours.
Jay Dardenne: Cut The Fat: end slush funds in state spending.
Jack Conway: Believes in right to bear arms and self-protection.
Phil Bryant: Concealed carry without permit; that's a fundamental right.
David Vitter: Fight to repeal the fatally flawed ObamaCare.
Jack Conway: Recovered $600M by suing providers for Medicaid fraud.
Matt Bevin: Disband KYNECT immediately; transition to federal system.
Jack Conway: Protect veterans and active servicemembers from fraud.
Phil Bryant: Tax credit for hiring unemployed veterans.
Phil Bryant: Keep C-130J aircraft production in Mississippi; we need them.
Jay Dardenne: Thank & remember our fallen heroes.
David Vitter: Led Senate's Border Security and Enforcement First caucus.
David Vitter: Block federal funds going to sanctuary cities.
Jack Conway: Right to organize is pathway to middle class.
Matt Bevin: Replace prevailing wage requirements with Right-to-Work.
David Vitter: Create and fund coastal restoration master plan.
Principles & Values|
Robert Gray: Confederate flag shouldn't be associated with state flag.
Matt Bevin: Replace public pension system with 401(k) for new employees.
Jay Dardenne: Merge Elderly Affairs & Veterans Affairs into one department.
Matt Bevin: Reduce tax revenue: not simple revenue neutrality.
Robert Gray: We need more people paying taxes by having jobs.
Jay Dardenne: 1991: Fought $500 million tax increase.
Jay Dardenne: Repeal the death tax & the gift tax.
Jay Dardenne: Pick Your Passion: promote Louisiana travel with new brand.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- David Vitter Louisiana Republican 2015 Gubernatorial candidate
- Jack Conway Kentucky Democratic 2015 Gubernatorial candidate
- Jay Dardenne Louisiana Republican 2015 Gubernatorial candidate
- John Bel Edwards Louisiana Democratic Governor
- Matt Bevin Kentucky Republican Governor
- Phil Bryant Mississippi Republican Governor
- Robert Gray Mississippi Democratic 2015 Gubernatorial Nominee
The above quotations are from Survey of 2015 Gubernatorial campaign websites.
2014 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)