Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harm’s Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2014 Iowa Gubernatorial debates and race coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 Iowa Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Chet Culver (2) Iowa Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Jack Hatch (5) Iowa Democratic Challenger
- Terry Branstad (6) Iowa Ambassador to China
- Tom Hoefling (3) Iowa Republican Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Iowa Gubernatorial race:
- Waterloo Cedar Falls Courier, "Branstad, Hatch differ on gaming regulation", by Rod Boshart, August 17, 2014, on Iowa State Fair debate
- A.P. on Omaha.com, "First debate of Iowa governor's race", August 15, 2014: at Iowa State Fair, sponsored by the Iowa Public TV program "Iowa Press."
- Radio Iowa, "Hatch blasts Branstad for returning $1 million solar grant", by O. Kay Henderson, July 21, 2014
- Des Moines Register, "Democrats’ convention focuses on party unity", Jason Noble, June 21, 2014
- Fort Dodge Messenger, "Calhoun Co. man plans to challenge Branstad", Bill Shea, Feb 12, 2014
- Des Moines Register, "Iowa Juvenile Home", Jan. 6, 2014
- Des Moines Register, "Branstad: People Should Prove Citizenship to Police", by Terry Branstad, July 15, 2010
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Jack Hatch: Focus on small business, not tax incentives to corporations.
Terry Branstad: Medical cannabis oil ok, but nothing more.
Tom Hoefling: True Local Control: TLC for public schools.
Energy & Oil|
Terry Branstad: Keep corn-based ethanol in nation's fuel supply.
Jack Hatch: Solar energy grants instead of utility special interests.
Terry Branstad: 2010: No fees for government records; 2011: imposed fees.
Chet Culver: More funding for veteran's jobs, homes, and education.
Chet Culver: Feds should deal with immigration, not state police.
Terry Branstad: Cops should check citizenship status during traffic stops.
Jack Hatch: Raise the minimum wage & cut middle-class taxes.
Jack Hatch: Let market forces decide on new casinos, not politics.
Terry Branstad: Let Gaming Commission decide location of new casinos, if any.
Principles & Values|
Jack Hatch: Iowans are ready for a fresh start.
Tom Hoefling: Straight up the middle Reagan conservative.
Tom Hoefling: Eliminate the state's income tax & special crony favors.
Terry Branstad: Fix crumbling bridges AND rural internet.
The above quotations are from 2014 Iowa Gubernatorial debates and race coverage.
2014 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)