Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2014 Colorado Gubernatorial debates and race coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 Colorado Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Bob Beauprez (5) Colorado Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- John Hickenlooper (9) Colorado Democratic Governor
- Tom Tancredo (7) Colorado Republican Gubernatorial Challenger (withdrew)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Colorado Gubernatorial race:
- Denver Post, "Pot, immigration trip up governor, Senate candidates in Denver debates", by Joey Bunch, 10/6/2014
- Denver Post, "Democrats decry Beauprez's '47 percent' comments," by Joey Bunch and Kurtis Lee, 7/2/2014
- Denver Post, "Beauprez enters governor's race to dismay of some rivals," by Lynn Bartels, 3/4/2014
- Denver Post, "Beauprez expected to announce GOP gubernatorial run", by Kurtis Lee and Lynn Bartels, 2/28/2014
- Durango Herald coverage of Tom Tancredo, 1/4/2014
- Huffington Post by Christopher Brauchli, "Tom Tancredo and the Lord", 12/27/2013
- Denver Post Guest Commentary by Rob Natelson, "Tom Tancredo right to eschew debate", 12/24/2013
- Huffington Post coverage, 12/6/2013
- The Daily Caller coverage, 12/5/2013
- CBS "Face the Nation" interview of John Hickenlooper, 12/15/2013
- CNN "State of the Union" interview of John Hickenlooper, 3/24/2013, 9/15/2013 and 12/15/2013
- Meet the Press (MSNBC) interview of Gov. Hickenlooper by David Gregory, Oct. 28, 2012
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Bob Beauprez: Require public notice when releasing violent prison inmates.
John Hickenlooper: $20M for mental health 24/7 call-in centers.
John Hickenlooper: Voters were "reckless" to legalize retail marijuana.
Bob Beauprez: Our common-sense electorate defeated Amendment 66.
Tom Tancredo: Tax credits for private school tuition.
John Hickenlooper: Develop federal land instead of protecting the sage grous.
Tom Tancredo: 2001: pledged 3-term limit; 2002: served 4th & 5th term.
John Hickenlooper: CO cares about 2nd Amendment, but also safe communities.
John Hickenlooper: Universal background checks & ban on high capacity magazines.
Tom Tancredo: Running in opposition to new gun control laws.
John Hickenlooper: State Senate "Line item recall" about too-strict gun control.
John Hickenlooper: Universal background checks but no assault weapon ban.
Bob Beauprez: 2007: Cleanse out illegals; 2014: no need to send them home.
Tom Tancredo: Viva Tancredo: support for legal immigration, in Spanish.
Tom Tancredo: Lure RNC to bring the 2016 convention to Denver.
John Hickenlooper: 51st State Initiative: I got the message on secession.
Principles & Values|
Tom Tancredo: Won't debate in GOP primaries; will debate Dems.
Tom Tancredo: Obama is greater threat to our way of life than any enemy.
John Hickenlooper: $5 trillion of tax cuts to the wealthy is not the answer.
Bob Beauprez: 10-hour traffic jams are not drivers' fault, as CDOT says.
Welfare & Poverty|
Bob Beauprez: 2010: 47% of people happy to let others pay the bill.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Bob Beauprez Colorado Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- John Hickenlooper Colorado Democratic Governor
- Tom Tancredo Colorado Republican Gubernatorial Challenger (withdrew)
The above quotations are from 2014 Colorado Gubernatorial debates and race coverage.
2014 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)