Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2014 Alaska Senate debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 AK Senate debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Dan Sullivan (17) Republican challenger Alaska
- Joe Miller (20) Challenger and previous Republican Nominee Alaska
- Mark Begich (11) Alaska Democratic candidate for governor
- Mead Treadwell (13) Alaska Republican Lt. Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Alaska Senate debates and race coverage:
- Kansas City Star, "War, Murkowski topics in Alaska Senate debate", Associated Press, 10/30/2014
- Peninsula Clarion, "GOP Senate candidates square off one last time", by Tim Bradner, 8/16/2014
- Associated Press, "Alaska GOP candidates clash on immigration", by Nicholas Riccardi and Becky Bohrer, Aug. 11, 2014
- Wall Street Journal, "Do Attacks Signal a Surge for Lt. Gov. Treadwell?," by Reid Epstein, Aug. 5, 2014
- PolitiFact.com, "Alaska GOP candidates clash on immigration", by Lauren Carroll, Sept. 25, 2014
- Anchorage Daily News, "Candidate profile: Dan Sullivan", by Lisa Demer, April 19, 2014
- The Hill, "Sullivan looks to bolster Alaska links", by Cameron Joseph, March 31, 2014
- Salon.com interview of Joe Miller, "Why We Should Keep Discrimination Legal", by Josh Eidelson, March 10, 2014
- Alaska Dispatch, "Alaska candidates for U.S. Senate seat largely a flock of millionaires", by Alex DeMarban, February 25, 2014
- The Weekly Standard and Associated Press AdWatch: "Dan Sullivan: first radio ad", Feb. 14, 2014
- Alex DeMarban in Alaska Dispatch, "Sullivan, Treadwell face off at Anchorage Chamber meeting", January 27, 2014
- Laine Welch in Alaska Journal of Commerce, "Fish Factor" article on Mead Treadwell, 1/24/2014
- Anchorage Daily News AdWatch: Republican National Committee ads, 1/7/2014
- Politico.com AdWatch on Mark Begich, Jan. 2, 2014
- Mead Treadwell OpEd in Alaska Dispatch, "Newtown", December 13, 2013
- Liz Ruskin on KTOO: AdWatch, "Big Outside Money", December 12, 2013
- Daily News-Miner, "Some mayo smeared in Senate GOP race", 11/10/2013
- Charles Crumm in Michigan Daily Tribune, on Republican National Committee email campaign, Nov.5, 2013
- Campaign e-mail from Sen. Begich, Sept. 7, 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Dan Sullivan: Exception for abortion to protect life of mother.
Joe Miller: Don't talk about exceptions; talk about life.
Mead Treadwell: Exception for abortion for rape, incest & maternal health.
Joe Miller: Abortion causes a culture of death.
Mark Begich: No new regulations on women's access to medical care.
Budget & Economy|
Joe Miller: Free enterprise is the key to national prosperity.
Mead Treadwell: $800 billion stimulus spends on backs of future generations.
Mead Treadwell: Opposes federal overreach; supports more economic freedom.
Mead Treadwell: Allow transgendered to correct gender on driver's license.
Joe Miller: Concerned over dissolution of traditional family.
Dan Sullivan: Opposes gay marriage.
Joe Miller: Opposes ENDA; ok to decide whether a business serves gays.
Joe Miller: Let states decide about gay rights & minority rights.
Joe Miller: Multinational corporations exert power over party duopoly.
Joe Miller: Oppose nationwide Common Core standards.
Energy & Oil|
Joe Miller: No subsidies for wind and solar.
Mead Treadwell: Supports CO2 sequestration technology and hydrogen vehicles.
Mark Begich: Drill in the Arctic Ocean; drill in National Forests.
Dan Sullivan: Stop EPA from pre-judging Pebble Mine.
Mark Begich: No metal mining at Pebble Mine; it damages salmon fishery.
Mark Begich: Allow gravel road through federal refuge to isolated village.
Mead Treadwell: Fight EPA's Pebble Mine restrictions.
Mead Treadwell: Good science should drive all fisheries decisions.
Dan Sullivan: Inaction has its own consequences: keep options on the table.
Dan Sullivan: Served as assistant secretary of state under Condi Rice.
Dan Sullivan: TV ads financed by super-PAC, both for him & against.
Joe Miller: Photo ID for voting.
Joe Miller: Stop federal systematic spiritual and religious apartheid.
Mark Begich: Active trader on the stock market, despite proposed ban.
Joe Miller: Opposes more gun restrictions.
Mead Treadwell: Address school shootings with national mental health push.
Joe Miller: Repeal ObamaCare; it's not a government responsibility.
Dan Sullivan: AdWatch: Washington is broken; including ObamaCare.
Mark Begich: AdWatch: Promised we could keep our plans under ObamaCare.
Mark Begich: AdWatch: Begich supports ObamaCare for Alaskans.
Mark Begich: AdWatch: Targeted by RNC robocalls for support of ObamaCare.
Joe Miller: Embrace threat of federal shutdown to defund ObamaCare.
Mead Treadwell: Repeal ObamaCare by winning back Senate.
Joe Miller: Maintain a superior nuclear arsenal.
Mead Treadwell: Work to bring missile defense base to Alaska.
Dan Sullivan: No way should Obama give "executive amnesty" to illegals.
Mark Begich: Only Congress can grant amnesty, not President.
Dan Sullivan: Reunite kids immigrating to the US with families, back home.
Dan Sullivan: Secure the border, but no pledge against amnesty.
Joe Miller: Sign pledge to oppose all efforts at amnesty.
Mead Treadwell: Secure the border, then illegals can stay if they pay fines.
Joe Miller: Protect the borders; prevent illegal entry.
Principles & Values|
Joe Miller: Judeo-Christian values established our government framework.
Dan Sullivan: Met Native Alaskan wife while working for Sen. Ted Stevens.
Dan Sullivan: Personal wealth between $1.6M and $3.8M, in family business.
Joe Miller: Only main contender for AK Senate who isn't a millionaire.
Dan Sullivan: AdWatch: I love my state; I hate politicians.
Dan Sullivan: Website and campaign refuse to spell out issue positions.
Dan Sullivan: Involved in Alaska state politics since 1990.
Mead Treadwell: Involved in Alaska state politics since 1978.
Joe Miller: NSA recording digital cell phone calls is turnkey tyranny.
Mead Treadwell: Made millions from high-tech camera on Google Street View.
War & Peace|
Dan Sullivan: Air strikes against ISIS but means US combat troops.
Mark Begich: I was too gung-ho supportive of Afghanistan war.
Mark Begich: Air strikes against ISIS but no US forces on the ground.
Dan Sullivan: At State Department, I pursued global terrorist regimes.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Dan Sullivan Republican challenger Alaska
- Joe Miller Challenger and previous Republican Nominee Alaska
- Mark Begich Alaska Democratic candidate for governor
- Mead Treadwell Alaska Republican Lt. Governor
The above quotations are from 2014 Alaska Senate debates.
- Outsider in the House, by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I, VT)
- The Little Plaid Book, by Sen. Lamar Alexander (R, TN)
- Cowboy in Caracas, by Senate nominee Charlie Hardy (D, WY)
- The New Black Politician: Cory Booker, Newark, and Post-Racial America (D, NJ)
- Now or Never: A Call to Reclaim America, by Rep. Jody Hice (R, GA-10)
- The Case for Polarized Politics, by Senate candidate Jeff Bell (R, NJ)
- Born To Fly, by Senate candidate Shane Osborn (R, NE)
- A Tribute to 101 Incredible Women, by Senate candidate Joyce Dickerson (D, SC)
- The Debt Bomb, by Senator Tom Coburn (R, OK)
- A Fighting Chance, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D, MA)
- Winning Right, by Senate candidate Ed Gillespie (R,VA)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- Governor`s Travels, by Senator Angus King (I,ME)
- This Is Not Florida, biography of Senator Al Franken (D,MN)
- The Truth (with jokes), by Sen. Al Franken (D, MN)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R, GA)
- Republican Leader, biography of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, KY)
- The Man Behind The Mask, by Senate candidate Andy Martin (R, NH)
- In the Company of Men, by Senate candidate Nancy Mace (R, SC)
- Be the Change!, by Senate candidate Michelle Nunn (D, GA)
- The Greatest Hoax, by Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK)
- Unite and Conquer, by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D, AZ)