Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
CBS "Face the Nation" interviews during 2013
(Bob Schieffer interviewing candidates for 2014 and 2016 races)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from CBS "Face the Nation" interviews during 2013 (number of quotes indicated):
- Bobby Jindal (1) Louisiana Republican 2016 Presidential candidate
- Chris Christie (1) New Jersey N.J. Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Colin Powell (2) Cabinet-2005
- Jack Reed (2) Democratic Sr Senator Rhode Island
- Jeb Bush (3) Florida Former FL Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Jeff Sessions (1) Alabama Attorney General
- John Cornyn (2) Republican Sr Senator Texas
- Lindsey Graham (4) South Carolina S.C. Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Marco Rubio (3) FL Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Mark Udall (1) Democratic Sr Senator; previously Representative Colorado
- Mark Warner (1) Virginia Former Democratic Governor (2002-2006); elected Senator 2008
- Mike Bloomberg (3) New York Mayor of NYC
- Mitch McConnell (2) Republican Sr Senator Kentucky
- Newt Gingrich (1) Republican
- Paul Ryan (4) Republican
- Peter King (1) Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
- Richard Durbin (2) Democratic Sr Senator Illinois
- Rob Portman (1) Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
A long-standing political tradition is the Sunday morning talk show,
beginning with "Meet the Press" in 1947.
Currently, five separate "talking head" programs appear on five different TV stations every Sunday morning.
Making an appearance on all five talk shows on one Sunday is known as a Full Ginsburg,
because it was first accomplished by William Ginsburg (Monica Lewinsky's attorney) in 1998.
In 2013, both Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio accomplished a Full Ginsburg,
fueling speculation that both are planning a presidential run in 2016.
OnTheIssues.org excerpts all five of the shows, listed below, with their respective interviewing pundits and each pundit's political affiliation:
- ABC This Week: (George Stephanopoulos; liberal; from Bill Clinton's staff)
- CNN "State of the Union": (Candy Crowley; moderate liberal)
- Fox News Sunday: (Chris Wallace; conservative)
- Meet the Press: (David Gregory; moderate)
- CBS Face the Nation: (Bob Schieffer; moderate; ran briefly as Democrat for governor of Texas in 2009)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Mark Warner: Sequester was stupidest way to cut; shutdown cost even more.
John Cornyn: We've had 17 federal shutdowns since 1976; Obama is AWOL.
Colin Powell: We have not yet fully accomplished MLK's dream.
Energy & Oil|
Jeb Bush: A "patriotic energy policy" will yield far more revenue.
Mitch McConnell: Federal shutdown was just a 2-week paid vacation: bad policy.
Colin Powell: Voter ID laws unnecessarily make minority voting harder.
Marco Rubio: Has a concealed weapon permit, but does not carry a weapon.
Mike Bloomberg: Background checks do work, and should be highest priority.
Lindsey Graham: Let ObamaCare show itself as a continuing debacle.
Mitch McConnell: ObamaCare is a train wreck; do what we can to repeal it.
John Cornyn: End Congress' carve-out exemption from ObamaCare penalties.
Paul Ryan: Strategize to delay ObamaCare; don't try for repeal yet.
Paul Ryan: Call for repealing ObamaCare despite lack of votes to do so.
Mike Bloomberg: Large sugary drink rule is portion control, not a ban.
Peter King: Problem with Snowden leak is lack of presidential leadership.
Paul Ryan: Restrict NSA and surveillance, but don't scrap PATRIOT Act.
Mark Udall: NSA should not collect bulk data; go through FISA court.
Richard Durbin: Benghazi was a tragedy, but not a cover-up.
Lindsey Graham: Cuts to military systems will leave us with a hollow force.
Jack Reed: Don't over-react to Benghazi; situation was confused.
Lindsey Graham: President did not do enough to protect Benghazi embassy.
Newt Gingrich: Train women for combat, even if not formally in combat.
Paul Ryan: Step-by-step approach, not a big massive immigration bill.
Jeff Sessions: Opposes amnesty first; finish fencing and enforcement first.
Marco Rubio: Compare reform to existing situation of 11 million illegals.
Jeb Bush: Reform must make it easier to come legally than illegally.
Principles & Values|
Jeb Bush: Obama divided into "them vs. us"; GOP needs alternatives.
Richard Durbin: Bipartisan dialogue instead of gridlock.
Bobby Jindal: We've got to stop being the stupid party.
Mike Bloomberg: To reduce the deficit we must cut entitlements.
Rob Portman: Payroll taxes don't pay for the benefits going out.
War & Peace|
Chris Christie: Governors shouldn't offer opinions about Syria.
Jack Reed: Coalition to stop Syrian WMDs, but nothing more militarily.
Lindsey Graham: Get involved in Syria to protect against al Qaeda and Iran.
Marco Rubio: Goal for Korea: denuclearize the peninsula and to unify it.
The above quotations are from CBS "Face the Nation" interviews during 2013
(Bob Schieffer interviewing candidates for 2014 and 2016 races).