Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2001-2009 gubernatorial press releases
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2001-2009 gubernatorial press release (number of quotes indicated):
- Brad Henry (4) Oklahoma Previously Democratic Governor
- Christine Gregoire (3) Washington Former Democratic Governor (2005-2013)
- Dave Freudenthal (1) Wyoming Former Democratic Governor (2002-2010)
- Dave Heineman (2) Nebraska Republican Governor
- Jack Markell (1) Delaware Democratic Governor (term-limited 2016)
- Jim Cooper (1) Democrat U.S. Rep Tennessee-5
- Jim Douglas (3) Vermont Former Republican Governor (2002-2010)
- John Lynch (1) New Hampshire Former Democratic Governor (2005-2013)
- Kathleen Sebelius (1) Kansas Former Democratic Governor (1994-2002); Cabinet Sec'y (HHS)
- Mike Beebe (2) Arkansas Democratic Governor
- Phil Bredesen (7) Tennessee Former Democrat Governor (2002-2010)
- Scott Walker (1) Wisconsin WI Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Jim Douglas: $17M ARRA investment to expand Vermont employment.
Christine Gregoire: Now is not the time to raise taxes.
Jack Markell: Bans discrimination based on sexual orientation.
John Lynch: Legalized gay marriage so same-sex couples have same rights.
Phil Bredesen: The great stain on our dream has been racism.
Scott Walker: Marriage is to be between one man and one woman.
Energy & Oil|
Mike Beebe: Governor's Commission to address Global Warming.
Dave Freudenthal: Develop wind power AND its electrical transmission.
Jim Douglas: EPA misunderstands how Vermont implements water quality.
Jim Douglas: $43M state funds for watershed partners, while EPA cut $2M.
Christine Gregoire: One step closer to creating Wild Sky Wilderness Area.
Kathleen Sebelius: $1.5 million grants for recycling & composting.
Brad Henry: Created the State Park Foundation for capital improvements.
Families & Children|
Phil Bredesen: Increase fetal & infant survival rates among babies.
Mike Beebe: Cuba's interest in AR exports is good for the state.
Phil Bredesen: Open state's first economic development office in Beijing.
Dave Heineman: Disallow using government resources for politics.
Dave Heineman: Harsher punishment for unlawful handguns.
Brad Henry: Honor Flight Network: fly vets to DC to visit their memorial.
Brad Henry: Full confidence in DHS during Threat Level Orange.
Jim Cooper: Keep the 118th Air Lift Wing in Tennessee.
Phil Bredesen: Keep the 118th Air Lift Wing in Tennessee.
Phil Bredesen: Operation Jump Start: support border patrol effort in Texas.
Phil Bredesen: Enforce prohibitions against employing illegal immigrants.
Christine Gregoire: Supports guest workers and earned legalization.
Phil Bredesen: Own Your Future: planning for long-term care needs.
War & Peace|
Brad Henry: Visits troops in Iraq, on the frontlines of war on terrorism.
The above quotations are from 2001-2009 gubernatorial press releases.
Autobiographies and Biographies of Governors:
- What A Party!, by gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D, VA)
- The Last Line of Defense, by gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R, VA)
- Chris Christie: The Inside Story of His Rise to Power, by Bob Ingle and Michael Symons
- Can`t is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley, April 2012
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King, Oct. 2010
- The Governator, by Ian Halperin (about Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, R-CA), Aug. 2011
- A Governor`s Story, by Jennifer Granholm (D-MI), Oct, 2005
- The Agenda for America, by Gov. Haley Barbour (R, MS), April 1996
- Blue Man in a Red State, by Greg Lemon, (about Gov. Brian Schweitzer, D, MT), June 2008
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R, AZ), Nov. 2011
- Crossroads: The Future of American Politics, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D, NY), Oct. 2003
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D, MA), April 2011
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Lincoln Chafee (I, RI), April 2008
- Teachers Under Attack, by Mike Spina, about Gov. Chris Christie (R, NJ), Feb. 2011
Press Releases etc. from Governors, Mayors, and Justices:
- Gubernatorial Press Releases, 2016-2019
- Gubernatorial State of the State speeches, 2013
- Gubernatorial State of the State speeches, 2012
- Gubernatorial Press Releases, 2011
- Gubernatorial Press Releases, 2010
- Gubernatorial Press Releases, 2001-2009
- Mayoral Press Releases, 2011
- Senatorial Press Releases, 2010's
- Gubernatorial Campaign websites, 2010-2011
- Mayoral Campaign websites, 2011
- Gubernatorial State of the State speeches, 2011
- Gubernatorial State of the State speeches, 2010
- Mayorial State of the City speeches, 2007-2011
- Gubernatorial Campaign websites, 2010
- Gubernatorial Campaign websites, 2001-2009
- My Grandfather's Son, by Justice Clarence Thomas, Oct. 2008
Page last edited: Dec 02, 2018